• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serialization problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our schools has a paid up account with Adobe for Teams. When I install the package it will not allow use to run it on a few Mac's. We get a License Denied error. Even though our account is active. If I run the Serialization file I keep getting this.

wait result: 5120

wait result: 20

Tech support has recommended to reformat the Mac. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

I made a little vid clip of the steps, hope this helps

https://youtu.be/iJODk3KFLl0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so here is the solution, I compiled from a few different locations and with the help of the new tool that Adobe did not release yet.

You will need the new Provisioning Tool Kit.  They had to send it to me and here is the link.

Next you will need a prov.xml file.  This is created when you create a license package through the CCP (Creative Cloud Packager).

Now put the adobe_prtk file that was downloaded from the link above in that new license folder you just created.  There should be 5 files in it total now.

Now you need to copy this whole folder to whichever computer needs fixing.

For example we are going to put it on the Desktop.

Now open Terminal and cd to the Desktop and then into the folder with the adobe_prtk file in it.

Now you will have to type this in or copy and paste into the terminal : sudo ./adobe_prtk --tool=GetPackagePools --provfile=prov.xml

Hopefully you will get an exit code of 0 which means it should have worked. 

Here is documentation on the Provisioning Toolkit incase you do get any errors.

I hope this helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a return code - 20

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@travisschreyer your solution worked for me! Oh so happy! This was driving me nuts! Hero status!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whoa, this actually worked.

I'm a tech at a college. Maybe quote exactly to type in for ease for others that are rusty using Terminal.

Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats OK I figured out how to run it.

This would be great, I have 200 licenses to keep working and many are hitting this problem....but can someone explain the steps more clearly for someone who is not a techi...sorry just an art teacher..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a little vid clip of the steps, hope this helps

https://youtu.be/iJODk3KFLl0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey its working now yeahhhh

You are the greatest

if you can pm me your address somehow I will send you a souvenir of New Zealand ))))))))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a 1 error code return.

Does this script need varying according to the locale or is it universal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The prtk file and the prov file need to be in the same location, then the easiest thing to do is cd to the folder where they all live and run the command above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats awesome.

I ran the process but keep returning 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx travisschreyer​

awsome fix - this was realy helping out. !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you.

Was just moments away from pulling my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I can't seem to find my prov.xml file anywhere even though I have a license. So not sure what to do now?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this problem seen august 2017 until now no solution ermm around 5 unit imac cannot reactive same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, we've got this problem now 😕

We had to re-serialize a bunch of macOS devices with a new enterprise serial code over the summer and it initially looked like it had worked.  Unfortunately once 1st Dec ticked over (the expiry date of the old code) all of our installed Adobe CC installations immediately went into "Please sign in to licence this software" mode (signing in doesn't fix it, btw). There are currently several hundred students and teachers unable to work and cursing me and my department!

Checking the AdobeSerialization.log we get the error "Launching the AdobeSerialization in elevated mode ... The return Code from Provisioning Tool (30)." which pretty much equates to "something went wrong so I'm going to blame lack of elevated privileges" even though the script is definitely running as root.

Running the exact same serializer on an identical, but freshly-built macOS device works perfectly (Exit Code 0). So we know the serializer package/script/prov.xml file are all fine.

We've tried all the suggestions above (SLStore/SLCache, using the new Adobe Provisioning Tool etc) as well as a load of other ideas (we even ran the tool from an Internet Restore console, just to rule out locked files and processes) to no avail.

So far I've spent 40 mins on the phone to Adobe, and the first-line technician (whilst very good) wasn't able to move things on any further and has escalated the issue.  Whilst I'm waiting for them to get back to me, has anyone managed to fix this issue themselves, in a different way to the folks above??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem. I got Code 20 and Code 1, wasn't able get 20+ Mac's re-serialized. I open up any CC 2018 and it asks me to sign in to start the trial.

Using version 9.0 of the adobe_prtk run this command inside the folder with all the other files (as described in the video):   sudo ./adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --provfile=./prov.xml   - I finally got Code 0, and I'm able to get back into all the CC 2018 programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've finally managed to fix our issue - so I'll post it here in case it helps anyone in the future:

After 2+ hours on the phone with Adobe Support (give them their due, they persisted with the problem and were trying all the stuff that we'd already tried, plus a bunch of other logical-looking diagnosis) when they decided that they wanted to login to the GUI as "root" just to see what would happen (macOS people will currently be wincing at that, but if you're not very terminal-savvy then it's not an awful one-off method, if a bit sledgehammer-y). Turns out we had an (I think unrelated) issue with our root account that needed fixing. In the process of resolving that, I discovered that if you run the AdobeSerialization binary as the user root (instead of just elevating it) it works correctly and doesn't give the "error 30" any more. In other words where you'd usually use the command:

sudo ./AdobeSerialization

try

sudo -u root ./AdobeSerialization

instead!

We also learned about the nifty little Adobe Expiry Check tool whilst we were on the phone to Tech Support (anyone else never heard of it before?)

Check expiration of volume serial numbers with AdobeExpiryCheck

(it's googlable if the link above's broken)

Running it before and after any reserializations is much more verbose and useful than the little logging the tool itself does.  It'll also show you the exact expiry date of your licence code (at least it does if you're Volume Licence people like we are)

GregBatPUHSD​: Your error codes (20 and 1) point to a different problem to ours (look here if you haven't already seen it: AdobeSerialization.exe Return Code Translations? ). I'd guess that your prov.xml file is missing or malformed? Try this:

Grab the new provisioning tool from here Using Adobe provisioning toolkit enterprise edition  and copy it into a new folder on your machine

run the AdobeSerialization binary with the switches:

adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --generate --serial=yourserialnumhere

This should generate you a new prov.xml file

Copy the new prov.xml file, along with the files AdobeSerialisation, RemoveVolumeSerial and helper.bin into a new folder on a test workstation (in this example your Desktop)

Try this:

cd ~/Desktop

sudo -u root ./RemoveVolumeSerial

sudo -u root ./AdobeSerialization

May work, may not!  Again, use the AdobeExpiryCheck tool before and after to see any results, and look in ~/Library/Logs/AdobeSerialization.log

Good luck! I feel your pain...

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines