• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shared Device Licensing

Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Device Licensing is a new lab desktop offering, which provides Education customers with a services-enabled named user deployment (NUD) solution in a lab environment.

Shared device licenses provide education customers the ability to deploy the latest Creative Cloud apps in their labs and classrooms.

Your students and teachers can now:

• Access Adobe’s latest apps such as XD and Rush
  • Utilize Creative Cloud services such as cloud storage, Adobe Fonts, and Libraries among others (free level entitlement)

To get started, read the Deployment guide.

For specific answers to your queries, read the FAQ. If you still have any unanswered questions or or observations, post a comment below.

TOPICS
Enterprise , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Hi Tawny,

SDL doesn't control Adobe Sign.  The user needs to have Adobe Sign entitlements.  The Adobe Sign entitlement is not provided as part of the SDL device license.  

In general though: if a user has an Adobe ID they can sign documents sent to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manage a fairly large amount of student access Macs and PCs at a university.

Adobe's move a few years ago to go away from serialized CC deployments, to the SDL model, was horrible then, and still is now.

It has caused, and continues to cause major support headaches every semester, when new students and faculty having to be walked through the process of having login to use any of the CC apps - whether via an Adobe, Google, Facebook, or Apple account.  It's not quite as bad for our faculty, as they're federated and can use their AD login credentials to access the software.  Our students though are not federated (our university could not justify the high cost of student federation), and that causes major confusion in and of itself.  There are some students who have created personal Adobe IDs using their university student emails, which causes even more confustion, as it then gets falsely perpetuated every semeseter within the classes that some students' university IDs work to access Adobe, and some don't, and the ones that don't must have broken accounts.  This all takes place within the first month, to month-and-a-half of EVERY semester - even with custom, easy-to-follow documentation.

Users accessing SDL software should NOT have to login to use it, and this model has made supporting Adobe CC much more difficult in lab and classroom environments.

The users that may have Adobe cloud-based content including paid subscriptions, already know how to access it from SDL computers by logging into the CC app itself if they need to.  The rest that don't have subscriptions (and have to create free, private Adobe IDs (WHICH NO LONGER GIVES THEM FREE ADOBE CLOUD STORAGE) or are using a Google, FB, or Apple ID) are often confused, and put off by the fact they need to jump through these hoops to use software that the university has already paid for, and is licensed to the computer.

The decision for Adobe to require logins for the use of SDL installations seems (to me) to have been made in a vacuum.

I really wish Adobe would allow for the use of SDL apps without REQUIRING any sort of login, and having the option available via the CC app for users to login with their Adobe IDs if they so choose, to be able to access personal CC content from within the SDL apps.

Thanks for allowing me to vent, and I wish everyone a happy and healthy 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The Shared Device Licensing FAQ says it's not possible to install this license on a virtual machine. But what about a VDI? I found this Adobe page about VDI and I got confused:

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/creative-cloud-deployment-on-vdi.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines