• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sudden end to COVID-19 access very problematic

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were informed by an Adobe email of the ending of the COVID-19 student home access 9 days before the deadline. We are a year-round program and we now have to scramble to provide access somehow for our students for July and August. 

Our device licenses have been sitting unused since March 12th, and we had asssumed that Adobe would at least extend the access to the end of summer term.

I contacted our reseller (University of Toronto bookstore), and thay say there is nothing in place, except for a discount on named licenses if you are purchasing more than 100 seats. We are a smaller program, so we don't meet that threshold. Other programs are also having issues; none meet the threshold, and "teaming up" is impractical for numerous organizational reasons.

This has left us with no recourse but to add students to our named Teams licenses for the rest of the summer at great expense. In the Fall we may be teaching online only, so we face even more expense and complexity then...

How eactly does Adobe think this is supposed to work? Are we missing something here? can we get a refund on the moribund device liscenses?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We too are a year-round institution and renewed over 200 shared device licenses in mid-March... about 10 days before being forced to close our doors. Our institution offers both a Bachelor's Degree and Vocational programs. We also service large number of individual course takers taking classes for professional development. Because of this, we use device license in our labs and classrooms to ensure we can provide student access to the software while on campus.

Our reseller is telling us the same thing... the only option is to purchase 100+ student licenses. Asking whether it is possible to migrate our device licenses to student licenses temporarily, or receiving a credit for these unused licenses to apply towards these student licenses... the answer I received was no... that this is an Adobe policy. I have reached out to Adobe, attempting to schedule a consultation to figure out what the next steps should be... this was over a week ago. No reply.

I find it difficult to imagine why a company like Adobe could not assist in temporarily migrating licenses. It does not make much sense. 

One thing we are trying, in an attempt to limit the financial hit, is to utilize our device licenses - which is a ton of work building a separate profile for each user with their egress IP - so it is easy to find and change when, inevitably, their IP resets on them. VPN is just too slow, not to mention unsecure...and split tunnels are problematic. 

It still appears we are going to need to fork over an additional $20k in student licenses for the duration of our licensing contract - which is a significant financial hit - specifically in today's climate.

Please tell me we are missing something here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel that Adobe is double dipping into the situation.

I am constantly getting bombarded by instructors asking us "what's next?"  Wish I can tell you buddy.

Though we are looking into remote ways for students, this is obviously not the greatest as some students prefer to use their computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines