• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Tragedy of Creative Cloud for Teams Licensing

Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In September of 2017, we had 5 artists working for us, and we had 5 licenses for Creative Cloud for Teams.

By January of 2018, we only have 2 of those artists still working for us, yet we still have to pay for all 5 licenses for an additional 9 months of licensing because of the annual contract, which is the only way you can get Creative Cloud for Teams. That's literally thousands of dollars lost. Adobe has been absolutely useless is helping us resolve this. Tough luck is their opinion. "Oh, but you can feel free to assign those licenses to anyone in your company!" is what they say. Sure, my Accounting team really needs Photoshop and After Effects installed to get their jobs done.

To further salt the wound, when our CC subscription rolled over in September, at no point did we specifically sign up for another year. It just auto enrolled us for another year.

I'm pretty confident that unless I cancel our credit card or nag them over and over again starting in August, we'll get auto-enrolled for another year.

Learn your lesson from me. Unless you desperately need the Create Cloud for Teams features (and lets face it, most of us can get by just fine without anything that the Teams stuff offer you) don't sign up for Create Cloud for Teams. Just get the separate monthly licenses for each user and charge them to your company credit card individually, because you can cancel these on a monthly basis.

After September, we're going back to our four year old boxed copies of Creative Suite. We don't need or use any of the bloatware that's feature creeped into CC 2017 and CC 2018. We've wasted enough money already. It's just not worth the risk of losing thousands of dollars sitting on unused licenses for an entire year. Plus I absolutely hate the fact that every month it taunts me with an emailed invoice "Thanking me for my order" that clearly lists all of my licenses and highlighting what I'm not using.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines