Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer my Substance student license to another student account

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently a game art student in Belgium and I made the mistake of requesting an Adobe Substance student license on an Adobe account provided by the school which does not include the Photoshop license which is on another student account.
I would have liked to group all my Adobe licenses on the same account because Creative Cloud does not allow me to connect two accounts at the same time.
As a result, when I switch from Photoshop to Substance and vice versa, I have to log out of one account to log back in to another.

I tried to ask for another Adobe Substance student license with my second account but I received a refusal. I guess there are protections to not have more than one student license per person, then I can't solve this problem alone.

Thanks

TOPICS
Education , Enterprise , Licensing , Manage account

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the school could do this, and they probably won't. Adobe have no rights or tools to administer student accounts without consent of the school. The school would probably be stuck paying for your "wrong" account for a whole year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

And if I cancel my student substance subscription on my other account?

Will it be possible to obtain a license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is entirely up to the school. Talk to them before you do anything. If they say "one per student" then that is what they get, and if you cancel you could end up with zero. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure about that?

It's not the school who applied for my Substance license and it's not them who blocked my attempt for a second license on my other account, it's Adobe.

I was the one who applied for the Substance license here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you apply, please? The link in your post doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google substance 3d education 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't ask me to Google. I'll get completely different hits in another country. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easy to find

Education - Substance 3D (adobe.com)

I hope this link will work this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this is not provided by the school, but by Adobe directly. If it is not an Enterprise account provided by your school, that it could be possible to merge both of your accounts. Technically, this would probably be involving Adobe, cancelling one of your subscriptions and taking a new subscription.

You would need to contact Adobe customer service for this. Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.
Support phone numbers may be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Please note that phone charges may apply.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

If the Substance subscription is a School provided Enterprise subscription, you will not get this done, as Enterprise accounts are different from individual accounts, even that they can reside under the same Adobe ID. In all cases, you would need to log-out-in for changing the subscription type.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google substance 3d education 😉

By @Jeremy26663787jsq3

It seems rude to me to ask someone to google information when you can give direct links. As helpers, we do this in our spare time, and every operation we don't have to do allows us more time to advise people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't mean anything bad. I just thought the site had a little too much link protection because my previous link apparently didn't work. That's why I said that instead of posting another link that I didn't think would work either. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just thought the site had a little too much link protection

By @Jeremy26663787jsq3

There is a spam filter, but there is no "link protection" system. And definitely not to Adobe pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines