Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to find ServiceConfig.XML on MAC

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have looked at multiple tutorials in regards to fixing the error “You Don't Have Access to Manage Apps”. I follow the steps going to Library/ApplicationSupport/OOBE/ however the folder is completely different to the the tutorials and I am unable to find the file ServiceConfig.xml. I have searched through the computer to find ServiceConfig.xml. From what I have read the only way to resolve my issue is to make changes to that file however I cannot fix it if I can’t find it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ServiceConfig.xml method applies to only a few usecases, and is a legacy method. There are other Package configurations that an admin can use to prevent users from installing or updating apps. If you're on a plan provided by an organization, check with your admin or take a look at the following document: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/apps-tab-disabled.html

The serviceconfig.xml is only created in case or packaged deployments. The screenshot that you've shared above seems to be of the "/Users/shared/Adobe/OOBE/" directory path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vikrant,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am the Adobe administrator in my organisation and checked that all of the setting were correct on my end. I've had this issue multiple times in the past as it always appears to be an issue with devices that have previosly had adobe elements 14 products. Previosly I have been able to go to the file path /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ however it is only recently that there is no Configs folder within OOBE. I can confirm that I was navigating to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ and have also attached a screenshot of what ~/Users/shared/Adobe/OOBE/ looks like. Could you please advise what the best action would be to take if I there is no "ServiceConfig.xml" to make changes to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines