• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to sync and completely fed up

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything in these forums, but I cannot get files to sync.  I am working with audio files from Adobe Audition.  And I currently have over 3000 files that will not sync because one file is holding everything up.

I had a folder with a space at the end of the file name. Oops.  Apparently THE single biggest error ever. This is when the syncing became and issue and here is what I have tried:

- I moved that file out of the CC. 

- I deleted that file from the computer and Creative Cloud Web and permantly deleted it

- I restarted both machines (one a mac and one a PC) The problem originated from the PC.

- I restarted Creative Cloud on each machine.

- CC still shows the folder in it's original place on my computer even though it has been deleted on the web

- ALL of this angst and crap for a program that I hate in the first place but I cannot get it to completely get rid of the file and I cannot sync files which today alone has been a 5 hour time suck. 

HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files and folders that end with periods (.) or spaces don't sync properly between operating systems.

Files with trailing spaces or periods in the filename don't sync properly to Windows, though they can be synced to the cloud from a Mac. When syncing, if there a file that fails, all additional files continue to sync. However, the error message remains until the conflicted file is either amended or deleted.

If Windows encounters an error that a file or directory does not exist, view the file in the Creative Cloud web application. Then rename it to remove the offending character.

I would recommend contacting the support team so that they can check the logs for troubleshooting. You can contact the support team directly by initiating a chat session, click on the chat icon on the bottom right corner of this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.  Some valuable information for sure.  And when the issue first popped up, I did find the badly named files and corrected them but the problem persisted. I went back in with your suggestions and checked things, but there are no files that have transgressed the laws.  On the "web" version, there are five or six folders or seesions that are absoultely correct, but are still marked as wrongly named.  I have fixed the backups of those files, tried to delete the ones I do not need any longer, cleared the trash on all computers and online but still same issue.  Next step -   I was trying to get the chat working but apparently the account my company is paying for does not exist according to them.  I am trying to get more from my company, but in the meantime, the CC is completely useless since I have to bring home my computer to work from home and back to the office.  And I'm wasting valuable hours trying to find spaces in the 1000's of file names.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines