Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Acrobat CC XI Silently

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been able to install Acrobat XI CC successfully using the Cloud Packager and SCCM.

I am tried to create an uninstall program for it however.

I have not been able to find out how to get this done successfully as remenants of the program are still left to the point SCCM things the program is still installed.

Cheers,

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

The Acrobat installer is using standard MSI command line switches for both installation and uninstall.  The commands you listed should work but you may have better luck using this document as a resource.

Creative Cloud Help | Deploying Adobe Acrobat

Excerpt

Here is the command line syntax for uninstalling Acrobat:

Syntax Example:

msiexec.exe /x <path to Acrobat msi file> /qn

Here is the command line syntax for uninstalling the Creative Cloud Packager licensing package:

Syntax Example:

msiexec.exe /unins

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by "create an uninstall program". Acrobat uses MSI technology. See 6   Windows cmd line and msiexec — Enterprise Administration Guide

hth,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a deployment that will uninstall Acrobat Pro CC XI.

The package creator creates 2 MSIs that needs to be installed to install the program one of which being the MSI in the exception folder which gets installed via the ExceptionDeployer. This is fine. The program installs (Although it creates 2 items in Add\Remove Programs) and works as expected.

I want to know how to completely remove Acrobat Pro CC XI. Though. I am currently trying to use the below commands however this doesn't appear to work.

start /wait msiexec.exe /uninstall "Build\Acrobat Pro XI x64.msi" /quiet

msiexec.exe /uninstall "Exceptions\AcrobatProfessional11.0-mul\AcroPro.msi" /quiet

It does remove both items that appear in Add\Remove Programs except it still shows up when listing installed programs via script as well as still showing up in the Registry.(HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVerison\Uninstall\{5A974FBE-3480-42BA-A2E8-6A887FC7B6F0}. I have tried to pass the uninstall command "MsiExec.exe /X{5A974FBE-3480-42BA-A2E8-6A887FC7B6F0}". It starts to do something and then appears to reverse the progress bar and end without errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a detailed answer because I'm not well versed in CC deployment methods and it's late :-); however, can you use the CC docs and the associated tools in APTEE?

I'm also wondering if the registry residue is actually causing you any problems?

There's an uninstaller tool (Cleaner Tool) on LABs, but that should be used as a last resort.

hth,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben,

I half have it working now. I have gotten the first part to uninstall (The msi part of the build portion) Just working on the second one now. (Exception Section)

I havnt been able to fund anything online anywhere adobe site included on silently uninstalling CC applications.

Below is the cmds im using. the first line works. Second dosnt error but doesnt work.

MsiExec.exe /X{5A974FBE-3480-42BA-A2E8-6A887FC7B6F0} /qn

MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-1033-FFFF-7760-000000000006} /qn

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Acrobat installer is using standard MSI command line switches for both installation and uninstall.  The commands you listed should work but you may have better luck using this document as a resource.

Creative Cloud Help | Deploying Adobe Acrobat

Excerpt

Here is the command line syntax for uninstalling Acrobat:

Syntax Example:

msiexec.exe /x <path to Acrobat msi file> /qn

Here is the command line syntax for uninstalling the Creative Cloud Packager licensing package:

Syntax Example:

msiexec.exe /uninstall <path to the CCP msi file> /quiet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines