Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

user friendly step for ausst and rum

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I am trying to setup a AUSST and use RUM to do remote update to Adobe Products and I am having alot of unsuccessful attempts.

Scenario:

1. Installed Server 2012

2. initiated and downloaded all Adobe Updates using the -fresh

3. I'm in the point of doing a test on how to link a computer that current has Adobe Reader DC installed..

I'm hoping to find a user friendly guide (something that has everything on it, like samples). I'm hoping that someone can guide me here.

Thank you

JC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS​ community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Our user guide for AUSST can be found here: Use the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glancing at your scenario, it looks like you're following Adobe's AUSST instructions linearly, since you didn't mention setting up IIS. That's step two, but near the bottom third of Adobe's instructions.

I'd point to this blog as a reference:

Adobe Update Server | braindump

It will get you mostly there. There are a few inconsistencies. The blog only mentions the override in programdata, but Adobe wants it under programdata and program files (x86). Since Adobe's documentation was last published 4/15/2019, I assume its information is more up to date, even if I had to manually create paths.

Both instructions left me lacking an updaterfeed.xml file. I had to include the --legacyUpdates switch on an incremental update to generate that file. Documentation was supposed to have been updated after March 13th, but I couldn't find mention of it.

However, the instructions from the above blog are linear and step by step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines