• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will CC2019 support device licenses?

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire teaching staff that uses CC here is asking why we don't have the latest CC apps. I keep telling them that Adobe is dragging its feet about updating Packager and the device license scenario, and I'm not getting any answers about when CC 2019 versions will be available for our over 500 students and instructional staff.

Hello?

TOPICS
Enterprise , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

I agree with user skepticus. We have a problem here with large educational institutions with lots of students going in and out in lab computers every academic year. Named licenses or shared device licenses that also require login is not going to work well.

We wait for some solution for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2019 apps are already available in your Admin Console, if you don't see in the packager is simply because it doesn't support it, see this guide Apps not available in Creative Cloud Packager | CC 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As that page says- "The CC 2019 apps do not support Device or Serial Number

licenses. You cannot create Device License or Serial Number packages that

contain CC 2019 apps."

I am asking WHEN WILL CC 2019 support device licenses?, as that is the

license scenario used here at the school. Every teacher here is very

dissatisfied that they cannot offer their students the latest CC.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 3:00 PM andreamaestri <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't think there would be any plan for device licenses and serial numbers are not anymore commissioned. CC 2019 are only available for named licenses. But I'm sure there would be a solution for educational licenses soon, they can't just leave like that. Most probably you will be able to upgrade to CC 2019 before the next academic year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certainly join you in hoping there will be a solution before the next

academic year. I'd like to see some sort of time-table addressing this

issue, though. So would our teachers.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 3:29 PM andreamaestri <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been talking to my colleagues, they suggested to keep checking any

updates from the admin owner, but definitely the release date of the shared

devices licenses will be Q1 2019. I'm sorry there's not a specific date but

hopefully you'll hear some news soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news. This question will be answered when there's a firm date.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 4:49 PM andreamaestri <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi-

It looks like you've started to offer what you call 'shared device

licenses' and the admin console is saying we need to migrate to this offer.

I could not follow the steps to do so, and also faced a page saying it's

not reversible. I set up a help session, because it also said that all this

will need to be done by the end of this year. Trying to go through the

steps shown in the help pages was fruitless- many of the pages shown were

not what I ended up looking at, and steps like adding domains to the

identity step could not be completed. I'm hoping there will be some further

info and help for people migrating from device licenses to the new shared

device license system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow this guide Shared device licensing | Deployment Guide ? Also you can create support cases or chat with Adobe Customer Care. You can find more info here: How to create support cases and schedule Expert Sessions using Admin Console

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED. We still need a date and the steps required to migrate from device licenses to the new shared device licenses. Our CIO is actually in conversation with Adobe about this- apparently Adobe completely ignored or forgot that educational institutions use the device licenses and that there are legal issues surrounding having students needing individual IDs to use CC2019 versions. Presently, there is no applicable migration procedure for educational institutions using device licenses, and this question is NOT answered until there is. Please change this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I followed them as far as they could take me, but for our setup, it could not be completed. The procedure has not been devised nor implemented yet to migrate from device licenses to shared device licenses in educational institutions with student privacy legal demands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for marking this unanswered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late to this thread, but there is a migration path from the legacy Device Licenses to the new Shared Device Licences. It's actually a simple migration that run from the Admin Console. After you've started the migration, the older licenses will work for a period of 30 days.

nuell-overview-page-admin-console.png

For more information, see Migrate from Device Licensing to Shared Device Licensing.

And you can see the Shared Device Licensing | Deployment guide for guidance on how to setup Identity settings and configure access to apps and services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with user skepticus. We have a problem here with large educational institutions with lots of students going in and out in lab computers every academic year. Named licenses or shared device licenses that also require login is not going to work well.

We wait for some solution for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why was this question marked as having a correct answer? Adobe still has not provided a solution for higher education. Shared device licencing is not a solution when login IDs are not allowed to be created for students.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines