Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC not updating

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently piloting Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 19.x in a large enterprise environment for our Windows 10 workstations (build1809). The software installs fine but it is not auto-updating. We have made the decision that instead of using a Third Party or manually importing the .msp files that Adobe can maintain it's own patches.

I have deployed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC in the past with no issues. For some reason in this environment it is not working as expected. My deployment is currently in the pilot phase and after deploying AcroRead.msi followed by AcroRdrDCUpd1901020099.msp - updates do not occur. Pilot machines have had the software for weeks with no updates. I have installed on multiple virtual desktops and cannot even manually trigger an update.

I used the Customization Wizard like I have done in the past and am enabling Automatic Updates. Based on your registry documentation I confirmed the following locations are correct:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM

"iCheckReader" = "3"

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\Products\{291AA914-A987-4CE9-BD63-AC0A92D435E5}

"Mode" = "3"

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\Legacy\Reader\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AC0F074E4100}

"Mode" = "3"

I can also confirm the following Scheduled Task exists:

"Adobe Acrobat Update Task"

The Scheduled Task has the default Triggers/Conditions/Settings - however, it never runs. Even manually running the task does not trigger an update.

I have also manually installed both the AcroRead.msi and AcroRdrDCUpd1901020099.msp and bypassed the transform files and still no auto updates.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat , Deploy and package apps , Enterprise , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

To anyone finding this, we sovled our issue.

During the first pilot deployment I did not include the UPDATE_MODE=3 parameter, so we were being prompted for the updates.

During subsequent testing it was determed the "tLastT_Reader" found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM sets a 3 day flag before Adobe looks for updates. This cause confusion but after deleting the key Adobe updated silently. Adobe sets a Scheduled Task that runs - you can also manually run. It completes successf

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable Updater verbose logging-

Set iLogLevel REG_DWORD value to 1 in the registry below

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM on 64 bit OS

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM on 32 bit OS

delete tLastT_Reader registry value from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM,

launch AdobeARM.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0

wait  a few minutes,

collect and  send me AdobeARM.log file from User\Temp folder

please do not post log file here in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding so quickly. I've sent you the requested logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone finding this, we sovled our issue.

During the first pilot deployment I did not include the UPDATE_MODE=3 parameter, so we were being prompted for the updates.

During subsequent testing it was determed the "tLastT_Reader" found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM sets a 3 day flag before Adobe looks for updates. This cause confusion but after deleting the key Adobe updated silently. Adobe sets a Scheduled Task that runs - you can also manually run. It completes successfully, but nothing happens if it is waiting 3 days before it updates.

Solution: Deploy with the UPDATE_MODE=3 param and expect a 3 day delay before Reader updates.

Thanks for the help LeoAdobeX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to deploy with UPDATE_MODE=3. Automatic update mode is installed by default.

Also, clean system does not have "tLastT_Reader" registry value and application should update itself approximately 4 hours after initial install (if update is available).

In your case registry value could be leftovers from previous install or set by Updater before latest update became available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Reader DC - Continous Release - Ver. 2020.009.20063 Windows 10 Not auto updating.  What should we look for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines