Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC 2017/2018 in vdi environment

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are running a VMware Horizon view environment (7.3.1)  and using windows 10 (1709) desktops. I created a package with creative cloud packager using my (campus) serial number. When I install this package on a fat client all works fine, no registration/license issues.

For you don't know how Horizon View works, we have a goldenimage, In this image all software in installed, also the 2018cc package. (In this golden image it works fine).  Then ready you make snapshot of this golden image (after optimalisation tools run) and snapshots are used to deploy desktops (they are joined domain and more stuff).

However when desktops are deployed, cc2018/2017 doesn't run anymore, asking for serial number of login at adobe.

I did some testing, and found out that when I remove cc and reinstall it in the running desktop, it works, also, with command msiexec /fum {GUID}  (runs for about 5/10 minutes)I get it working. However, when user logs off, the desktop is deleted and recomposed, as we want all users clean desktops.

I also figured out it has to do with c:\programdata\adobe\slstore

Anyone else using vmware horizon view with adobe cc ? And if you got it running, how ?

thx

Erwin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Best practices for imaging workflows can be found here Adobe Creative Cloud for enterprise deployment scenarios for educational institutions

If you have an enterprise serial number then the --stream command must be used with the APTEE provisioning toolkit

Using Adobe provisioning toolkit enterprise edition

Common Deployment Options and Methods — Enterprise Administration Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erwin,

I am moving this discussion to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS​ community as experts here will be able to assist quick and better with your query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best practices for imaging workflows can be found here Adobe Creative Cloud for enterprise deployment scenarios for educational institutions

If you have an enterprise serial number then the --stream command must be used with the APTEE provisioning toolkit

Using Adobe provisioning toolkit enterprise edition

Common Deployment Options and Methods — Enterprise Administration Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alister,

thx for your reply, the adobe_prtk command with xml file solved the issue, running it at login and no issues anymore

thx!

Erwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok.. HOW?? do I get this xml file if we use CCP? I have tried the tool, but it never generates the file.. I am sure this will fix our issues, but ???? on getting this prov.xml file..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines