• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Desktop App serving up old versions of apps

Participant ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone encountered this yet? It's really bizarre and has our IT dept serving my team of designers baffled...

Here's what I wrote to Adobe in a chat support as my opening explanation...

Current subscriber - corp acc- with numerous licenses to individual designers with individual Adobe ID's (but all under that one corp acc)

Setting up new Windows 10 machine:

Downloaded and installed Creative Cloud desktop app.

Installed InDesign CC. Immediately upon opening InDesign CC it was apparent that it was NOT the latest version. Checked "About Indesign..." and confirmed that the version was at least 2 versions back (11.0.0.72)  A number of team members have successfully updated Indesign using the Creative Cloud app to versions 11.4.0.90 and to the latest, 11.4.1.102.  (They are using Windows 7 pcs... receiving update notifications from CC and updating... and getting the latest)

Now what is going on and why would the latest version of the Creative Cloud desktop app serve up a version of InDesign that is 2 versions old?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

If you have used the Creative Cloud Packager then this is the default option in there. So it is quite possible to have built a package with this option included, possibly without being aware of it or having consciously opted for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that with this or a previous deployment you opted to suppress updates?

Disable auto-updates in Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite 6 apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very helpful and my teammembers have also stumbled across this... They nor I have any idea when we "opted" for this suppression... for example one of my teammembers has no .dat file on his machine, but I do and a new member who joined our team somehow got it...  I don't recall ever being given a dialogue box or seeing a checkbox or anything like that giving me a choice of suppressing or not suppressing. But it feels like we're close to a solution. BTW for anyone else out there; if you try to find a solution via Adobe support chat or even up numerous levels via phone... they don't seem to know about this... My IT guy has been in chats and on the phone for hours going around and around this very issue and they've never pointed him to the page you just pointed me to... crazy aye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to add this in conjunction with alisterblack's response. Nobody on my team or in our IT dept remembers "opting to suppress" anything...ever. The Adobe article alisterblack recommends makes it sound as if IT would be made aware of this special .dat file for their use. That never happened on our end and we suspect that the .dat file just came along unawares with some update and then it sat on our machines from that point on, "suppressing" updates. We've found the file now in a number of our machines and once removed, updating through CC returns to normal again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have used the Creative Cloud Packager then this is the default option in there. So it is quite possible to have built a package with this option included, possibly without being aware of it or having consciously opted for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines