Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Keeps Re-Installing Itself

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

This is the 2nd post for this issue as I don't see the last one anymore?! Here is the previous response from an Adobe Employee: (I originally uninstalled everything Adobe, then did a fresh install of just Acrobat Pro DC)

"Hope you are doin well and sorry for the trouble. As described, After reinstalling the Acrobat Pro DC , the Creative Cloud, Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC, and Adobe Acrobat Reader have all shown up in the list of installed programs.

Adobe Acrobat distiller is an integral part of the application and runs in the background. It is used to convert the Postscript documents to Acrobat PDF format.

As mentioned you dont want the Creative Cloud Desktop Aplication and Acrobat Reader DC, you may remove the applications from the installed applications from the control pannel menu (For Windows) or you may move the application to trash (For Mac)

If it still doesn't work, you may use the Acrobat Cleaner tool to remove the applications using the link https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html , reboot the computer once and reinstall the Acrobat DC from the direct download link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Regards

Amal"

I am helping a user who is having issues with his computer coming out of Sleep mode, and it being unresponsive. We have isolated the issue down to Creative Cloud. I have twice now uninstalled the software via the normal Windows 10 add/remove software tool, then I used the Adobe uninstall tool mentioned above. Creative Cloud keeps re-installing itself. Is there anyway to block it from installing on it's own? The only Adobe product the user wants is Acrobat Pro DC. Any help is welcome!

Thank you! 🙂

TOPICS
Acrobat , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Hello, 

It seems that the system is restoring to the last restore point after restarting the machine. This might be a machine specific issue. 

You can use the creative cloud uninstaller to remove the creative cloud desktop app:: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

It seems that the system is restoring to the last restore point after restarting the machine. This might be a machine specific issue. 

You can use the creative cloud uninstaller to remove the creative cloud desktop app:: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you. Adobe CC is consistently rife with problems they do little to nothing to adequately resolve, which is wholly unacceptable given how expensive the application suite is and how many people depend on it. It's quality of use has diminshed massively in the last five years over the older style desktop installs. This new perpetual reinstall tendency of Acrobat is among the most annoying issues that I've run into in recent years, and that's saying something with the numerous others issues that have manifested and waste countless hours of my time, esp. when InDesign has been exceedingly annoying with the sloppy updates Adobe has been put out that repeatedly break the app, forcing regular uninstall/reinstall cycles.  Adobe needs to get their heads out of the hindquarters and fix their code issues. It's shameful how dysfunctional that the suite has become.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is quite frustrating. 

I've been trying to clean up older versions of Adobe CC applications and remove them from my machine, however the next day they have reinstalled themselves. So, I've got a 2020, 2021, 2022 version of After Effects but I only want one, and the same is happening with InDesign, Media Encoder, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.. 

How do I uninstall these applications and keep them from reinstalling themselves the next day. They are literally eating up more than 15Gb of unneccessary storage space that I could really use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines