Enable the Apps tab in Creative Cloud desktop app

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Desktop app may display one of the following symptoms:

• The Apps tab is missing
  • The Apps tab displays the message: "You don't have access to manage apps."

If the Apps tab in the Creative Cloud desktop app on your computer is disabled, use one of the following methods to enable it:

• Some organizations control the apps you can install and therefore disable the Apps tab in the Creative Cloud desktop app. If you've received your Adobe plan from a school or organization, contact the IT Admin at your school or organization.
  • If you have an individual subscription plan, follow the steps on this page under 'Individual Plan users'

If you're the IT Admin at a school or organization, your can either:

TOPICS
Enterprise , Teams , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Hello found a solution. its says missing apps tab but it still applies to the issues you're having. I followed and it solved mine. So happy.

Windows: What should I do if I don't see an Apps tab? - YouTube

Mac: Adobe Creative Cloud Apps tab missing - YouTube

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

To enable the Apps Tab, please sign out from the Creative Cloud Desktop App & then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.-

1.) Navigate to the following location. Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/

2.) Locate the serviceconfig.xml file & copy it to your desktop folder. Open the file in Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (MacOS).

3.) In the serviceconfig.xml file, change the value of AppsPanel from false to

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 2.01.18 PM.png

hello~ how can I solve this problem?

Now I cant download the applications.thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Enterprise & Teams

You have a CC for Teams or CC for Enterprise and your IT decided to lock you out of app management. You need to contact your IT to solve this. Depending of the IT policy, they may or may not allow you to manage your own CC.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hai,

I get the same issue and use Adobe CC for personal used. so, who should I contact to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should contact your local IT administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an IT Admin and this video was most helpful to solve the problem, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where's the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not helpful. You should explain more clearer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gupthaji  wrote

This is not helpful. You should explain more clearer.

When having a Teams or Enterprise subscription, local IT can disable some features of CC. When they do so, the user is not allowed to perform these actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly the same issue - it's my private MacBook, there is no IT department!!! I'm the only administrator around here! I just started a trial download, alas the whole think fails already - my creative cloud doesn't give me access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello found a solution. its says missing apps tab but it still applies to the issues you're having. I followed and it solved mine. So happy.

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, solved it for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thank you, great little fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome, worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help me please instaling the

software   i trying before 2 month

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message on SOME of the computers i manage in a lab but not others. Is there some sort of machine specific setting that controls this? I use my own enterprise login on each machine, some grant me full access, others say i have to contact IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually having the same issue. I have it on my personal computer with no enterprise sign in. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS and version? How did you install CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with an Education/Enterprise account.  My Admins are at a loss as to why mine isn't working. I've uninstalled creative cloud and reinstalled. I've deleted the OOBE folder from the Application Support folder with no success.  There's really no solution on this page which is the only page you can find with this issue.  All of our users are in the proper OU in AD and others are able to install on their Mac. Interesting note, I am able to go through the entire process on a PC and everything installs fine, so all I can think of is I have a rogue file somewhere on my machine that is killing this process.  I don't have a problem totally deleting everything Adobe off of my computer to clean it up, I just would need to know where everything is located.  Please help, this is honestly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem as johns173910, and the folks at my IT department are clueless as to why it doesn't work. Four times I have uninstalled all Adobe sofware and tried to reinstall the Creative Cloud software again, but it just won't work. The IT people tells me that as a staff member I have no restrictions on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! Finally.  I was not sure if this was going to work because I was able to get my apps tab to show up already. I tried this solution and changed it from false  to true and now everything works fine and I’m able to install the entire suite that my school has bought. Thank you so much Leonardo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a bunch leonardc69959042! It worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks leonardc69959042​, it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works. Thanks a lot !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines