Highlighted

How to disable Adobe Reader Update

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I manage over 100 computers, distributing Adobe Reader (as exe, MSI behaves different so we don't use it, this is out of scope of this topic), the argument line for installation is:

/sAll /rs /l /msi /qb- /norestart DISABLE_ARM_SERVICE_INSTALL=1 DISABLEDESKTOPSHORTCUT=1 EULA_ACCEPT=YES

Also I have a GPO that disables all Adobe Reader related startup entrys (the one you see in msconfig) and it also disables every related Windows Service (namely "Adobe Acrobat Update Service" whichs starts ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe" to update the Reader).

However, every now and then a symbol (+ popup message) appears in the tray bar harassing my users that "an update for Adobe Reader is ready".

How to COMPLETELY disable the update of Adobe Reader and suppress all related updates notifications?

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to disable Adobe Reader Update

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I manage over 100 computers, distributing Adobe Reader (as exe, MSI behaves different so we don't use it, this is out of scope of this topic), the argument line for installation is:

/sAll /rs /l /msi /qb- /norestart DISABLE_ARM_SERVICE_INSTALL=1 DISABLEDESKTOPSHORTCUT=1 EULA_ACCEPT=YES

Also I have a GPO that disables all Adobe Reader related startup entrys (the one you see in msconfig) and it also disables every related Windows Service (namely "Adobe Acrobat Update Service" whichs starts ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe" to update the Reader).

However, every now and then a symbol (+ popup message) appears in the tray bar harassing my users that "an update for Adobe Reader is ready".

How to COMPLETELY disable the update of Adobe Reader and suppress all related updates notifications?

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Virion,

Adobe Reader DC is set up for continuous updating.

You may modify the settings via the Adobe Customization Wizard DC or the Windows registry.

For the windows registry setting, refer: Windows Updates

Regards,
Rave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines