• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install InDesign CC 2019 on Windows Server 2016 (terminal server)

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to install InDesign CC 2019 on Windows Server 2016 (terminal server)??

It does not appear in Adobe Creative Cloud install list...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Hi,

Support for this environment will be coming in InDesign 14.0.2 which is the next update.

Unfortunately I can't share the release date at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Support for this environment will be coming in InDesign 14.0.2 which is the next update.

Unfortunately I can't share the release date at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone verify that Adobe InsDesign 14.0.3 or higher now supports Windows terminal servers/remote desktop servers?  And are there specific installation instructions in order to get Adobe products functioning consistently in this environment?  

Thank you!

Liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since last update the entire RDP is a nightmare ! Was working fine since years (dispite the fact it was not supported) and did start to collapse last month.

I fight daily with CreativeCloud not sining people to Acrobat DC, etc...

It may be due to the fact it supporte it now, but without setup instructions.

Yannick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Yannick!

I haven't been able to get the previous version of CC Desktop Manager to work reliably on an RDP server - updates keep timing out.  I ended up building a new server in our dev environment, installing just the CC Desktop Manager and then downloading/installing the apps manually.  Painful - but everything is now at the latest version and happy.

Of course, this means I have to do the same thing in Production... 

We are running CC2018 in production so we aren't that out of date.  I think the CC Desktop Manager installed is the issue but I haven't been able to update that and then update the rest of the software due to the timeout errors.  Uninstalling/reinstalling all of the CC2018 software just so I can run updates when I basically have to do the same thing to get to CC2020 seems silly - I might as well get to the latest supported version instead.

Good luck!

Liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines