Mac OS Versions compatible with CS4

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a publisher currently running Mac OS X 10.6.8, using Adobe Creative Suite CS4 and QuarkXPress 8.5.1.

I wish to bring myself up to speed with the current versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat.

The problem is I wish to test run the iCloud to familiarise myself with these programmes as I feel their layouts will be very different given the time difference, but I need to continue working with my familiar CS4 programmes and Quark while I re-teach myself.

I have spoken to Apple's phone service, who told me that my computer is too old to run macOS High Sierra (their latest) and suggested I upgrade to OS X El Capitan (the previous version) which they assure me will run iCloud.

Unfortunately, they didn't know if installing El Capitan would block me from using CS4, thus stopping me from working while I learn how to use iCloud.

Q:     Do you know if I can still use CS4 with El Capitan?

Q:     If not, what is the latest Mac upgrade that will support CS4?

Q:     Will this upgrade also support iCloud?

Thanks for any advice you can offer – Keryn

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017
Hi,CS4 is not compatible with the El Capitan version of Mac OS.There are known issues with CS4 from version 10.7 Known issues with Adobe CS products on Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) System requirements | Adobe Creative Suite 4, Point Products

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CS4 is not compatible with the El Capitan version of Mac OS.

There are known issues with CS4 from version 10.7

Known issues with Adobe CS products on Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)

System requirements | Adobe Creative Suite 4, Point Products

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Issue has to be primitive to you experts.

I’m an 82 year old novice dependent on my Adobe InDesign CS4.

During my training material design & development years we stated with PageMaker 4,

then PageMaker 6, then 7, then CS2, then CS4. I have dozends of valuable docs,

that I no longer can access and manipulate due to my current OS 10.13.6 High Sierra.

I need a temporary solution, but can’t afford, nor need a new suite of programs.

Of course I’m long retired, but putter and am in the process of developing one more final program - 

‘What I wasn’t taught in school, but should have been’.

How can I still use my CS4? Or, what other desktop publishing program opens and allows me to modify CS4 docs?

Thank you ever so much. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you've upgraded your system and not your apps, you are stuck. Apps and system need to be from the same time, you can't have the cake (new system goodies) and eat it too (not pay for new apps). It's part of the Joy Of Mac.

Maybe you can get hold of an old Mac. Maybe someone has one in a loft...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines