• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint error message

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error message intermittently on pdf files I try to open from MSO365 SharePoint, the file is fine on my local drive.  Most pdf's open just fine, but occasionally this occurs.  I've tried renaming and uploading, but does not work.  Anybody?  

You may not have permission to access the SharePoint file being used in this workflow.
If you continue to encounter this error, please consider contacting support and referencing session 2e7f2c70-5a1c-4157-b026-26227883bed2.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

It might be worth looking at this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/document-cloud-pdf-services/unable-to-open-pdfs-in-sharepoint-online/m-p/11229481?page=1

It suggests that if the URL file path is more than 248 characters it errors out. I tested a PDF file in the root and it opened fine, then I moved it town a few folder levels and it worked fine. Then I renamed the file and added on more characters and I got the error.

I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which software was used to create the PDF file?

Did you contact SharePoint? And what they tell you?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this message quite consistently now. It was working fine for a while. Have you made any headway with support on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've also got the same issue. It was working fine for a few days after install and then all of a sudden it's stopped working for all our users.

There seems to be no way to contact Adobe as you need an Enterprise ID (trying to create one resulted in just a 'personal' ID) and no email/phone number to contact.

We've spoken with Microsoft and they're unable to help as from the O365 side everything looks fine as it does do the redirect to DCS for MS0365.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth looking at this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/document-cloud-pdf-services/unable-to-open-pdfs-in-sharepoint-online/...

It suggests that if the URL file path is more than 248 characters it errors out. I tested a PDF file in the root and it opened fine, then I moved it town a few folder levels and it worked fine. Then I renamed the file and added on more characters and I got the error.

I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also seen invalid characters cause this issue in the Adobe Document Cloud even if they are valid for the local operating system (OS). For example, using the hash/pound/number sign (#) in the filename will cause this error even though you can download the file from SharePoint and open it in Acrobat Pro or Reader. Removing the offending symbol allows you to open the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having difficulty opening a PDFin SharePoint using the Adobe Document Cloud. We want to be able to do this so mulitple peole can go in and make comments for edits etc. It works sometimes but most times does not. Does anyone have any solutions for this issue? Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an error message if it won't open. So do many others that we want to review the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the PDF file sometimes opens for people or only opens for certain people. It could be browser related. Try clearing the browser cache, closing the browser, and then opening the browser. If you are using the Safari browser, try Chrome or Firefox instead. I have seen Safari have issues with SharePoint. If that does not fix the issue and this is an intermittent issue for the same PDF file, I recommend starting a new post, since it sounds like a different issue from what is discussed here.

If you are getting the error message noted in the initial post and the PDF file never opens in the Adobe Document Cloud, I recommend checking the number of characters in the path (i.e., the URL) for the PDF file in SharePoint (it should be < 249 characters) and checking for any special characters in that path and filename. This issue will always occur for anyone trying to open the PDF file if it is one of these two issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines