• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RUM not seeing updates available that should be.

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a cluster of systems that are running the following:

macOS 10.13.6

Adobe Creative Cloud 2018

RemoteUpdateManager 2.2.0.2

Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop 4.6.0.391

I also use JAMF Pro for managing Macs, along with Apple Remote Desktop. 

I'm running RemoteUpdateManager via script or via ARD Unix command as root, and it keeps coming up as no updates are available.  However, I know there applications that are out of date.  For example, Adobe Photoshop, current version as of this post is 19.1.6, installed version is 19.0.1.

This does not seem to be affecting all the systems I manage.  There just seems to be inconsistency among all the Macs where we have CC 2018 installed.  Other than a full un-install and re-install, which is not possible at this point in time (we are EDU and semester just began), what troubleshooting options do I have to resolve this on systems exhibiting this behavior?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that the Desktop App is not up to date on the impacted client machines, or that the underlying core components are not up to date. In this case, you would only need to redeploy the desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deployed and installed Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop 4.6.0.391 (as listed above) twice to the system.  It states that it has successfully installed.  Other systems with 4.6.0.391 installed have been able to download updates such as 19.1.6 without issue.  I understand that there is a 4.6.1 out, however, it's a web update only, and we were experiencing this issue before 4.6.1 was available.  Next steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check that updates have not been blocked on these machines?

Disable auto-updates in Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite 6 apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system did have the following machine-wide disablement configured in the file /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<Preferences>

<Suppressed>1</Suppressed>

</Preferences>

I changed to the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<Preferences>

<Suppressed>0</Suppressed>

</Preferences>

RemoteUpdateManager did find an Acrobat DC update and installed it, but did not find an update for Photoshop. I also tried deleting the file rather than changing the value of suppressed to 0, and the same behavior recurred.

Here is a link to the log:

https://salveregina-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/theodore_august_salve_edu/EcakeMaDeUhNsTi-cnF7g...

You will notice in the log it states that it thinks that Photoshop 19.0.1 is "current".

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the Desktop app have the Apps panel enabled?

The App panel is disabled by an xml file on the end user machine.  The file is called ServiceConfig.xml and is stored in

• Windows
    \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE
  • Mac
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

If this file is present, the Apps panel is disabled. Deleting this file will enable the panel.

There is a new mandatory update for the Desktop App just out - 4.7.0.400 (edit - this should be available globally by Monday)

I ran RUM and it did update PHSP to the current version (my example is for Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines