Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCCM 2012 detection Method

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is an SCCM 2012 deployment guide for Adobe CC products?

I checked this guide Creative Cloud Help | Deploying Adobe packages with SCCM , but it is the old package method, prefer SCCM 2012 applications.

If no guide for SCCM 2012, is there maybe a list of detection methods for each adobe app.  (I've tried the MSI detection method, but it appears the adobe ones are wrappers, so don't work.  The only way I've found so far is to install the app, then locate the appropriate reg key under HKLM....Uninstall and use that.  It's a bit of a pain to go through and install each one just to get the reg key though.  I will have to do this for all the new deployments ( Creative Cloud) , I'll be able to use the current installs for Creative Suite, so they aren't so bad.

For anyone referencing this later, I get a "does not meet minimum requirements" message if I use the msi as the detection method.

I have tested with Photoshop (by installing and browsing to the reg key) and this resolves the "minimum requirements" issue.

An example of the reg key is this one for Adobe Web and Design Premium CS6

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{402F6F2E-5683-491C-977D-0CA599A07CAF}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Hi there,

I apologize for the inconvenience. We provide a standard msi installer to deploy through SCCM. Creative cloud packager creates a native installer to use via SCCM. Rest of the procedure will remain same like other .msi which you deploy through SCCM.

You can track the installation instances using GUID.or Software ID Tag. Below is the article for same.

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/creativesuite/pdfs/swid-cc-faq.PDF

Thanks,
Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was trying to do the same thing (deploy CC with sccm application model) and this is why I reverted back to the package model, deploying everything throug a task sequence (keep in mind that I'm not saying that there is no other way...but I felt it didn't worth the time, or maybe I missed something)

- you'll have to create one application per product (one for photoshop, one for premiere, one for dreamweaver etc etc) in order for the detection to work correctly, if everything is under one application in sccm soon as it detect that the first program is successfully installed (or not) it will stop monitoring

- with the application model everything has to be downloaded first in the client's cache (my creative cloud package was 15g, ) it was better for me to access the content directly from the server

- because of the exception (acrobat pro to be installed first for example) and because I also needed to deploy during an Os deployment it was easier to create a task sequence referencing the packages instead of using application model

I think I could have worked around the last 2 things, but the detection for the application model was far too complicated , as was playing with the prerequisite / installation order for the exceptions.

If someone comes up with an easier way to use the application model I'll be glad to know.

good luck!    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go through the link below to download SCCM 2012 deployment guide for Adobe enterprise apps.

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2614

Thanks,
Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that kind of automated "answer" is really annoying and useless, I feel that you should strive to understand the question before replying

we're talking about the application model of sccm, the link your refer only talks about the package method

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I apologize for the inconvenience. We provide a standard msi installer to deploy through SCCM. Creative cloud packager creates a native installer to use via SCCM. Rest of the procedure will remain same like other .msi which you deploy through SCCM.

You can track the installation instances using GUID.or Software ID Tag. Below is the article for same.

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/creativesuite/pdfs/swid-cc-faq.PDF

Thanks,
Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is not working. Browser tells me "The webpage cannot be found". Do you have an updated link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines