• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfering existing users to new machines. What user info is usually migrated?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a situation where multiple users are being upgraded from Adobe X to new machines with Adobe XI. I have read where Digital IDs and security settings are transferred via password protected files created by the user. Are there other types of configurations or files I should be transferring as well?

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

It really depends on how you are planning on doing you deployment.  If you are planning on doing "touch" service for the users who are getting new machines and you want to save their previous customized files (custom joboptions settings, custom Actions, custom Stamps, etc...) from the old machines and transfer them over for them, then the following folder with it's contents is probably the one you want get for the user.

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0\

It contains most of th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really depends on how you are planning on doing you deployment.  If you are planning on doing "touch" service for the users who are getting new machines and you want to save their previous customized files (custom joboptions settings, custom Actions, custom Stamps, etc...) from the old machines and transfer them over for them, then the following folder with it's contents is probably the one you want get for the user.

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0\

It contains most of the customized user files that the user may have saved like the ones mentioned above.  After the installation on the new machine, you will need to place the user's custom files in the corresponding folders in the DC/2015 folder on the new machines folder path.

Example

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\

I hope this helps answer the question you had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Steve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines