Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application silently

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Uninstallation of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop is not happening silently. I am not able to find any silent parameters which can be given to the below executable:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe"

Can you please let me know if there are any silent parameters to be given to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application?

Thanks,

Sathish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

try start /w "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe" -uninstall

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Enterprise Deployment for Creative Cloud, Creative Suite forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sathish,

Adobe creative cloud desktop app can't be uninstalled silently if it was installed individually from web. You can create a package for creative cloud desktop app only through creative cloud packager and install using package installer. You can uninstall the desktop app silently this way and can use the command  msiexec /x "name of package.msi" /qn

Thanks,

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashish,

I have tried to build such package. When I install the package I get two uninstall entries in reg:
    • one for the package (in the 64Bit Path)
    • one for the desktop application (in the 32Bit Path) (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Creative Cloud)

How do I get silently rid of this part Software?

Thanks

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To say that it "can't" be uninstalled silently if installed from the web is not an acceptable answer.

Your dev team needs to add a silent switch to the creative cloud uninstaller.

Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this poster that not allowing for a silent uninstall of any application shows a blatant disregard for other IT professionals.

The earlier posts imply that if the application was downloaded from the web, there was no silent uninstall.  If the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application was installed from within a created package, is there a way to silently uninstall?  I need to leave the necessary application(s), just remove the desktop app to prevent to parasitic loss of resources to a completely unnecessary application that does nothing but confuse the end-user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed CC 2017 by creating a package using CC packager.

I even made an uninstall package. However, neither the uninstall package nor the main CC uninstaller uninstall this desktop app. Therefore, the only way to do it is to uninstall it manually, but there is no way to do so silently.

Btw, the app's uninstaller is an exe, not an Msi, therefore the /qn parameter doesn't. Is there any way to do a silent unattended uninstall of this desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try start /w "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe" -uninstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked beautifully. Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the only solution! Not the one which's marked as "answer"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that didnt work for me any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to i get it to UNINSTALL AT ALL???  It's complaining that Apps need it - but i just UNINSTALLED ALL THE CC APPS!!! (except Edge, which refuses to uninstall)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have removed all of the CC apps then you can uninstall the CC Desktop App using the instructions at the following link.

Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not correct.  I created a package that contained only the desktop application and attempted to remove it using the MSI file with the /qn and nothing happened until I removed the /qn, at which point I was prompted to answer "Do you really want to uninstall the desktop application".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Step 1

From the settings option in the start bar, go to settings by clicking on it.

In the settings menu, select “Apps”

For More : how to uninstall creative cloud in windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe" -uninstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines