• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using creative cloud packager, not all of the selected titles are downloading to the extensions folder.

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using creative cloud packager, deploying a complete package using 32 or 64bit, only  9 products are downloaded to the extensions folder:Edge Reflow,Light Room,Adobe Gaming,DirectX,Edge Code, Adobe Scout,Pdf Settings,Muse and Help. Why are the other software titles like Photoshop not downloading.  No errors encountered.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

seems you misunderstood what is going o there.

There is an EXCEPTION folder where those packages are loaded. Those have to be deployed in a special way.

All other apps like Photoshop are in the BUILD folder inside the Setup folder.

You can find all important information around deploying and packaging the Creative Cloud here:

Creative Cloud for enterprise | Acrobat for organizations

Cheers

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as Chris, although I think what he means by "extension folder" is the "applications" folder. In any case I created the pkg file using the CCP for Mac. All the applications install except for Photoshop CC. When I first run the pkg file I can see Photoshop CC folder created looks like all it's corresponding files and folders are there. Then as the installation proceeds Photoshop disappears. All of the other applications are still intact except for Photoshop. I created a pkg just with Photoshop and looks like it installed but the only folder created was the Locales folder for Photoshop nothing else. No application file to run the app, no uninstall app, nothing.

I tried the original pkg on a brand new machine same problem with Photoshop. What I did was re-run the pkg and then Photoshop was installed. I do not want to have to run a pkg that 20 - 30 minutes to install on over 100 machines twice to install just photoshop. This is very time consuming.

Is there a logical answer to this?

Thank you,

Pedro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did install them according to the instructions, that is the problem.  Even though they have been included in the package, the majority of the applications fail to install without error.  I believe it is because they fail to download to the exceptions folder when the packages are created.   Here is what I used to install ALL the packages in the exceptions folder "

The following command is used to deploy all the packages in the Exceptions folder (except the Acrobat for Windows package if present) The --mode=post option specifies that Exceptions Deployer Application is run after the main package has been deployed. Note that the --installLanguage option is not required here. Also, because the --INSTALLDIR option has not been specified, the exception payload will be deployed in the default location specified within the payload.

ExceptionDeployer --workflow=install --mode=post"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok guys, this getting a bit to deep for me now since I'm not a support guy and it works fine for me at the moment.

Don't you have enterprise support with the Creative Cloud Enterprise (which I assume is what you try to deploy)?

They should be able to help you with this.

Do you use CCP 1.5 already?

Did you whitelist the ports that are needed for CCP to work properly?

I just found out that there is one new address that has to be whitelistet and that is not on the list yet.

ims-prod06.adobelogin.com:443

I'm not sure if this will help or change anything.

If you have no access to enterprise support, please contact me directly via email.

Should be possible to find my address when you hoover of my name here.

I will try to find out what happens.

But since I am not a support guy it may take some days to get back to you.

Cheers

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines