• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot select or deselect objects in Fireworks CS5

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot seem to select or deselect objects in fireworks by clicking on them. I have to click and drag in order to select an object and click and drag to deselect. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong or how I can fix this? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

FIXED....

Its Spotify.... Close it and try again.. Worked for me....

Grrrrr... I blame Xmas and all the offices for having music on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED

I had similar problem. I was caused by spotify. Just close spotofy and get back to work (finaly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is back in Yosemite, with the Spotify fix introduced by nevyn (Spotify) that used to work successfully on Mavericks, preventing the conflict, no longer working in Yosemite. nevyn (Spotify)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6, OS X Mavericks, still a problem. Completely blown away that running a music program like Spotify breaks Fireworks selection tools. This is insane, but thanks to people here for at least stopping me from losing my mind from pure frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

I went back and read through this thread as I too am having this issue. I was able to narrow down the cause to Chrome. I'm completely blown away that Chrome itself is causing my Fireworks selection and zoom tools to stop working.

With Chrome open I have to drag to select, with Chrome closed Fireworks works flawlessly. I'm going to experiement further by turning off pluggins one by one and see if one of those is causing an issue.

Thanks for everyones help. You all saved me a headache. Now if we can get this issue resolved.

My info:

OSX 10.9.4

Fireworks CS6 12.0.0.238

Latest Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124

Jon D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHA!

The specific extension was the Google Play Music extension. Turning this off resolved my issue.

Odd that it seems to be apps/programs that use keyboard controls to control music.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooooo much. This fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like Spotify (and every other application that uses the media keys) is just working around a bug that exists within Fireworks (or the OS?) by explicitly turning off that functionality when Fireworks is running. Given that it's been several years now, I'm not entirely optimistic... but is there any possibility this will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four years later, and I started having trouble...and sure enough...Spotify. Crazy it's still an issue all these many years later, but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague and I are having the same issue.  Closed Spotify and the issue is gone.  WTF?????

SEan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's life dude. 🙂 I don't think Adobe will ever fix it. It's called DIY LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you're right it IS Spotify! Me too....son of a b....

How the hell did you figure that one out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way it was spotify for me as well! thought i was going mad when it started! Made me upgrade to 6 as well to see if that helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG WTF!!! I closed Spotify and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this even possible? The issue is couple of years old and no one has done anything about it since!

I've never had this problem with Fireworks CS6 before, but I've just switch from Win8.1 to Mac OSX and it appears. So now what?

Shall I abandon Fireworks or Spotify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason this is possible is simple: Adobe stopped development and support for Fireworks since May 2013 - two years ago now. By that time FW CS6 was a year old, and came out before the new versions of Mac OSX. It is to be expected that older applications may run into compatibility issues when upgrading to a newer OS.

It is not only the fault of Fireworks, however. The latest two Mac OSX versions have been riddled with bugs and problems for many Mac users (one merely has to visit the macrumor forums). Mac OS is no longer the main focus of Apple, unfortunately.

Be it as it may, Fireworks is a dead application, and if anything, at some point you will have to jump ship anyway to alternative applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly if its a dead application they should stop selling it.

Then again there are a lot of things dead about Adobe that they still sell, so, par for the course I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a lifesaver.. how the heck did you figure this out?! (And why is it happening.. and why is Adobe the worst?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man...this took me all day figuring out whats wrong with Fireworks and keep restarting my Mac many times.

Finally when googled, this answer tried and it worked.

Huh! this is crap man, why spotify is creating problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yip, it was Spotify! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, had this totally problem with Fireworks CS6. My culprit was simply Google Chrome. It did not matter what was actually open in Chrome -- without ANY tabs open, I cannot directly click to select in Fireworks CS6. When I quit Chrome, I can immediately go back to business as usual and click to select. I still love Fireworks BTW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your plugins: some users have encountered the same issue with audio player plugins which they had installed in Chrome, and when they deactivated/uninstalled these, Fireworks would not have any issues anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More specifically (thanks to Herbert2001) my culprit was the Google Music extension in Chrome. Magic...gone wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Can't select nothing (I don't have Google Music Extension installed).

OSX - EL Captain - 10.11.1

Google Chrome - 46.0.2490.86 (64-bit)

Adobe Fireworks CS6 - 12.0.0.236

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This old trick still works today! I had to close another similar app QQ Music to get Fireworks to behave. Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here...resolved it when I quit Kodi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines