• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Says license has expired but all other apps work

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have an Adobe account through my employer. I'm able to open Photoshop, Illustrator, XD all fine, but when I try and open Fireworks it says my license has expired. I know it's no longer supported but I've been able to use it fine up until last week. Do you know any reason for this?

The customer support link that appears takes me to a page about my serial number being wrong (https://www.adobe.com/au/genuine/landing-csadnr.html?sdid=599F8QN9&trackingid=CRH529XX&mv=other) but isn't this the same serial number for all the aps?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

OK so I'm  asuming you have a full/active CC subscription?

Have you had a version of Fireworks CS6 installed prior to installing Creative Cloud Desktop via the subscription model?

A few things you could try (if you haven't already):

1) Try signing out and then back of the Creative Cloud App > then trying launching Fireworks

2) In the Creative Cloud app see if there's an update for Adobe Fireworks, if there is apply the update and try to launch Fireworks again, any luck?

3) Turn your system clock back

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows or Mac?

In the first instance I would uninstall Fireworks you could try using the  Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Make sure you do a reboot

Then, reinstall Fireworks using the Adobe Creative Cloud app, if you dont see Fireworks you'll need to go into preferences and select 'show older apps'

show-older-apps.png

If you still have the same issue after this I would reach out to Adobe Support

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows.

I followed your step but still getting the same issue.  I contacted support first and they told me to write on here because Fireworks isn't supported anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see a screenshot of the error message please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so I'm  asuming you have a full/active CC subscription?

Have you had a version of Fireworks CS6 installed prior to installing Creative Cloud Desktop via the subscription model?

A few things you could try (if you haven't already):

1) Try signing out and then back of the Creative Cloud App > then trying launching Fireworks

2) In the Creative Cloud app see if there's an update for Adobe Fireworks, if there is apply the update and try to launch Fireworks again, any luck?

3) Turn your system clock back to 2006 >  see if you can now launch Fireworks > if you can go to help => deactivate > you should be prompted to sign out > sign out > close Fireworks > set your clock back to the correct year > re-launch Fireworks > you should be prompted to sign in > sign in > has this fixed the issue?

You could also try looking at these articles:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-reverts-to-trial.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips, Point 3 worked on my computer at home.  It hasn't worked in the office though so do you think my company is blocking something with their settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work have changed a Proxy setting and it is now working.  Thank you for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Work have changed a Proxy setting and it is now working.  Thank you for all your help.

Glad you've sorted it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines