• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

enabling flash player for kindle fire

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2012 Feb 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player  is installed on all kindle fire tablets. To enable, go to any web page. At bottom of kindle fire, in panel where house Icon is located, tap the half-box with 3 lines in it: this opens settings which are different from those listed when you tap settings at the top of the kindle. Scroll down to  "Flash Player". By default, it is off. Tap it. Choose "Always on" rather than "on demand". You will now see the words "always on" under the Flash Player setting. That's all there is to it.

TOPICS
OS

Views

1.9M

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got my Kindle Fire and this thing had been driving me buggy for days. I'd get to sites that kept sending me to download the "fp" which I would do but they'd fail on install. Now I know why and how to fix my original problem. Thanks so much for posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what did you do? I am having the same problem and can' t find the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just enabled the Flash Player on my Kindle Fire as per your post and it works great.  Only now I get a message: Script not responding. The browser must be restarted.  How do I get rid of that box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enabled flash but still getting a message that I need to update to the newest version of Flash.  Specifically the site I'm trying is Fox.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my case, my kindle doesn't have the flash option,in thecsettings that you mentioned what can i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindle-Fire won't play Fox video.  Adobe Flash is enabled.  What next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is any video playing from other sites?  If so, you might want to contact Fox to see if other users have encountered this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2012 Dec 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new kindle, and can't play any games that supported by FLASH from the web browser. FOX videos as described in one of the posts also do not work. I tried to follow Billijoe directions, but there is no Flash option at all under the haf box with three lines. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see our certified device list for details.  If you're dealing with the older version of the Kindle Fire, Flash Player should be supported.  It is not officially supported with the latest version of the Fire HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just purchased the Kindle Fire (not the HD version), and am having the same problem. clicking on the "certified device list" on the previous post tells me nothing on how to fix the problem.

I will also be contacting Amazon about this issue, so hopefully I can watch videos when I'm not at home.

Just found this info, and copied it from Amazon's website:

Adobe Flash content is not supported on Kindle Fire HD. When viewing multimedia-intensive websites on your Kindle Fire, you can switch to the mobile version of the website for better performance.

To switch to mobile view:

1. From the Silk browser, tap the Menu icon at the bottom or right side of the screen.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Under General, tap Requested website view and then select Mobile.

Hope this helps!

Now to try it out... if it doesn't work properly, I guess I'll be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, how does one install flashplayer on Kindle Fire HD if it's not "officially" supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem..how did you fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Kindle Fire HD is not officially supported by Flash Player.  Please see this page for a list of all certified devices:

That said, some users have been able to get Flash Player working on the Kindle Fire by using Dolphin, a third party browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received my kindle fire and I can't find that option. I have nothing that say flash player. Please Help!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find the flash player on your kindle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not installed on UK versions of the Kindle fire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don,t have flash player under half box.what do I need to do ? I have a new kindle fire and I am NOT computer savy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2013 Jan 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

billyjoe i cant find flash player under the settings in half box, anysuggestions mate...please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer supports flash for mobile devices, generally tablets classify as that.  Newer versions of the Kindle Fire won't have flash.  Maybe one of their staff members can explain their decision but expect the headache of this in the coming future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to install the "1 mobile market" from here http://www.1mobile.com/app/market/. Then install the Dolphin Browser from the "1 mobile market." Then install adobe flash from here for the Kindle Fire HD http://www.mediafire.com/?33ew28ztmlar44e and here for the regular Kindle Fire http://www.mediafire.com/?ktt26yv3j6jt1iv.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install1mobile market and amazon  it. How do I get around it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go to Settings>Device and make sure "Allow Installation of Applications" is set to on? If that doesn't work then I don't know what the problem is. I got it working on my Kindle Fire HD and my mothers 1st gen Kindle Fire with the instructions I posted. I'm not an expert. Just followed directions I found online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didnt see that on mine it dont ave flash player it only had flash forward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines