• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sound not working on youtube

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my sound just started to not work on youtube. ive tried to reset my computer and nothing is working

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

I've see this identical issue posted on other help forums.  Seems that YouTube, itself, is having some issues.

I just tried a video, and there was no sound.  Then, I noticed that there was an "X" next to the speaker icon. I hovered the cursor over the speaker, clicked on the slider, and moved the slider all the way to the right, and BAM, normal volume again.

From what I can tell, YouTube has set Muted Volume as the default.

Hope this helps.youtubemute.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've see this identical issue posted on other help forums.  Seems that YouTube, itself, is having some issues.

I just tried a video, and there was no sound.  Then, I noticed that there was an "X" next to the speaker icon. I hovered the cursor over the speaker, clicked on the slider, and moved the slider all the way to the right, and BAM, normal volume again.

From what I can tell, YouTube has set Muted Volume as the default.

Hope this helps.youtubemute.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I tried everything on Youtube and Adobe. They did say "increase your volume", which I did, but did not know you have to do it on the video itself now. That was not true a few weeks ago when I last watched it. By the way, one of their suggestions was to go to an ealier resotre point and it crashed my lap top. I had to reload everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to click on the speaker but it doesn't change anything.

Any other suggestions. PLEASE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJJJ...

Instead of clicking directly  on the speaker icon, try moving  your cursor over the icon to see if the volume slider bar next to the speaker  appears.

If it does, then click on the slider -- which appears in the second image, and drag it to the right.

Please report back if ths works.

OF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Sent from my LG phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I refreshed page and did it several times and it finally worked!!

I got music!

thanks

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum; please do not post your email address or other private data (by sending the entire forum notification message with all its headers back to the forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Oct 3 2013 10.30pm EST

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google has acknowledged a "glitch in their code" with YouTube, which I'll go out on a limb and assume is where this is occurring. There is NOTHING you can do in Flash Player to change this. You can use the volume slider (it appears when you mouse over the speaker icon) to adjust sound in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I am doing that and it's working!!

[ really excessive quoting removed by admin ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines