• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAN'T OPEN DOC'S IN SARS EFILING ACCOUNT

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I RECENTLY STARTED A NEW LAPTOP RUNNING WINDOWS 10 AND THE LATEST VERSION OF FLASH PLAYER. I HAVE FOLLOWED ALL THE FAQ'S AND HAVE FOUND WHAT SEEMED TO BE THE ANSWERS. YET THESE STILL DO NOT OPEN THE DOCS.

THIS IS STRANGE AS ON MY OLD COMPUTER RUNNING WINDOWS 7 I HAD NO PROBLEM AT ALL.

IN THIS WINDOWS 10 VERSION WITH FLASH PLAYER IT GIVVES ME THIS ERROR MESSAGE:

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OPEN THESE DOC'S?

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

HI TO ALL

I EVENTUALLY FOUND THE ANSWER MYSELF:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/display-pdf-in-browser.html

Microsoft Windows 10 will ship with two browsers: Internet Explorer 11 and the new Edge browser.

The Edge browser will be the default browser, and Internet Explorer 11 will be available to support legacy workflows. The new Edge browser will not have any support for ActiveX plug-ins. Therefore, the Acrobat/Reader plug-in won't work with Edge. For more information, see Change in support for Acrobat and Reader plug-ins in modern web browsers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Adobe Reader, not Flash Player.

You can get it here:

http://get.adobe.com/reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WAS ALREADY INSTALLED.

HOWEVER I RE-INSTALLED IT AGAIN, MAKING SURE TO MAKE IT THE DEFAULT READER FOR ALL PDF’S

SORRY = IT STILL WONT OPEN THE SARS E-FILING DOCUMENTS AND LETTERS.

HO HUM! BACK TO SQUARE ONE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'd recommend talking to the content provider.  Since I assume this material isn't publicly accessible, they're in the best position to troubleshoot (and I'm pretty sure that this is a problem where they're either running afoul of current browser security constraints, or there's a problem with their backend). 

In the unlikely event that they determine that this is a language-level problem with ActionScript, they're more than welcome to reach out to me for help.  Just click my username and send me a private message.  I'd be happy to get an engineering-level conversation going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU FOR THAT JEROMIE,

I HAVE CONTACTED THE PROVIDER; THAT IS “SARS EFILING” FOR THE SECOND TIME AND THEY ARE ADAMENT THAT THE PROBLEMS WITH ADOBE FLASH PLAYER AND ADOBE READER ARE PURELY AN ADOBE PROBLEM.

I ALSO CONTACTED MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 AND THEY ALSO INSIST IT IS AN ADOBE PROBLEM.

ALL MY .PDF’s OPEN WITHOUT FAULT, IT IS AN ADOBE PROBLEM WITH THE “SARS EFILING” ALONE.

I AM DESPERATE FOR SOMEONE TO HELP ME.

PLEASE HELP!

JOHN PLIMMER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

We would be more than happy to work with the content provider to understand the issue and help resolve it.  Ideally they'd share a test account with us so that we can see the problem and understand what's going on.

They're welcome to send me a direct message via the forums (just click my name) with contact information, and I'll get an engineering-level conversation going with the appropriate team(s) at Adobe.

Thanks,

Jeromie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI TO ALL

I EVENTUALLY FOUND THE ANSWER MYSELF:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/display-pdf-in-browser.html

Microsoft Windows 10 will ship with two browsers: Internet Explorer 11 and the new Edge browser.

The Edge browser will be the default browser, and Internet Explorer 11 will be available to support legacy workflows. The new Edge browser will not have any support for ActiveX plug-ins. Therefore, the Acrobat/Reader plug-in won't work with Edge. For more information, see Change in support for Acrobat and Reader plug-ins in modern web browsers.

Use Internet Explorer 11 to open PDFs. To enable the Acrobat/Reader plug-in in Internet Explorer, see the steps in the previous section.

SO THANKS TO JEROMIE FOR HIS HELP - THE MATTER IS NOW SOLVED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is wrong with the file, it is all working as expected (but is pretty confusing). Just installing Acrobat Reader is NOT ENOUGH you must also download files and make sure you use it.  You cannot read this file in your web browser. You MUST download the file and open it using Acrobat Reader.

Flash isn't involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines