• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Administrator privlege needed

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to un-install FrameMaker 2019 from Control Panel and I am getting the message "Administrator privilege needed to proceed with the install.  Please click Retry to install again after providing the necessary permissions (Error Code 24)".  I have also tried running the command listed here https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker/filemaker-2019-silent-uninstall/td-p/10454737?page=1  and get the same error.  I don't care if the install is silent or not.

According to my search online Error Code 24 is that I cancelled the install, the user account being used is in the administrators group on the computer.

TOPICS
Error , Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When "normal" uninstalls of Adobe apps fail on my machine, I use the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe, which you can search for online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the tool you mentioned and checked Add/Remove programs says that the product was un-installed but I am able to launch the application so obviously its not gone, now when I run the tool again it doesn't show up as an application that can be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

You could use a program like Revo Uninstaller to scrub the registry clean and remove any trace of previous installations. https://www.revouninstaller.com/ . I think the program is available as a fully functional trial version.

Regards

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The software that I am allowed to install on our computers is heavily restricted so that is not an option but thank you for the feedback.

I don't know why it is so hard to get rid of Adobe's products that they they needed to provide the CC cleaner listed above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines