• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2019 silent uninstall

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this info in the Adobe Technical Communication Suite (2019 release) Installation Guide

Set-up.exe --silent=1 -uninstall=1 -sapCode=FRMK -productPlatform=win64 -codexVersion=15.0.0 -deleteUserPreferences=true

When i run this from the command line it has seems to be doing something and shows a progress percentage.

However, when the it is done with exitcode:0, FrameMaker is still installed on the system.

I have also tried the uninstall command from the registry but cannot get it to go silent.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\Uninstaller.exe" --uninstall=1 --sapCode=FM --productVersion=15.0.2 --productPlatform=win64 --productAdobeCode={FM-15.0.2-64-ADBEADBEADBEADBEADBEADB} --isNonCCProduct=true --productName="Adobe FrameMaker (2019 release) 64 bit" --mode=1

Any info on how to uninstall this silently is appreciated.

TOPICS
Installation and licensing , Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi _bcm_,

Though this is a belated reply (almost an year) but thought of sharing so that many could benefit from this.

I referred your above post when I was searching for silent installation and uninstallation switches for Adobe FrameMaker 2019 (15.0.5) application.

Silent installation switch that worked for me is as below:

"Set-up.exe" --silent=1 --install=1 --sapCode=FM --productVersion=15.0.5 --productPlatform=win64 --productAdobeCode={FM-15.0.5-64-ADBEADBEADBEADBEADBEADB} --isNonCCProduct=true --productName="Adobe FrameMaker (2019 release) 64 bit"

When I tried the uninstallation script as yours:

Set-up.exe --silent=1 -uninstall=1 -sapCode=FM -productPlatform=win64 -codexVersion=15.0.5 -deleteUserPreferences=true

It showed the progess precentage and then it actually reinstalls the application instead of uninstalling it hence the application remains on the machine.

And when I tried the uninstallation as per the uninstall string in regedit:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\Uninstaller.exe" --uninstall=1 --sapCode=FM --productVersion=15.0.5 --productPlatform=win64 --productAdobeCode={FM-15.0.5-64-ADBEADBEADBEADBEADBEADB} --isNonCCProduct=true --productName="Adobe FrameMaker (2019 release) 64 bit" --mode=1 --Retain_Preferences="false"

It popped up for deleting or keeping user's preferences and did not end up silently as you said.
I also noticed that the uninstaller.exe file actually calls the source file (Set-up.exe) hence tried the above switch by calling the source Set-up.exe file instead of Uninstaller.exe with codexversion=version of product and vola the command was executed silently and uninstalled the application successfully.

The silent uninstallation command is as below:

"Set-up.exe" --silent=1 --uninstall=1 --sapCode=FM --codexVersion=15.0.5 --productPlatform=win64 --productAdobeCode={FM-15.0.5-64-ADBEADBEADBEADBEADBEADB} --isNonCCProduct=true --productName="Adobe FrameMaker (2019 release) 64 bit" --deleteuserPreferences=false

I hope this will be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines