Exit

Adobe PDF Printer not being installed

Enthusiast ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker 2022 

Window 11 Pro

I recently received a new work laptop running Windows 11.  After installing Adobe Creative Cloud, Acrobat Reader (the free version) and FrameMaker 2022 (and updating to 17.0.4) in that order, the Adobe PDF driver was not installed.  I have tried the solutions previously mentioned in this forum without success - uninstalling, reinstalling as Admin, - couldn't manually install the PDF printer because I don't have any of the Acrobat files/folders. 

I also tried emailing tcssup@adobe.com, but a read receipt notice that my email was deleted without  being read.

Any other suggestions I could try? Or is my only option moving forward using the Print option and printing to the Microsort PDF printer because I can't use the Publish or Save as PDF options?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The full Acrobat Pro is part of 'Cloud.
You might [re?]install Pro and see what happens.

As it happens I have both Pro and Reader installed (Win10), and PDF generation in FM works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bob_Niland ,

I installed Acrobat via Creative Cloud and now noticed that it's showing it's a Trial (because I haven't purchased a license for it). Will see what happens when the 7-day trial runs out. (makes me miss the days of FrameMaker 7 that installed Distiller so you didn't have these kinds of issues)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to your license issue, also check the forum for vanishing-PDF-driver solutions, and consider doing installs for-all-users, if not as admin anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jeff_Coatsworth , that was one of the suggestions from these forum that I did try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines