• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot access help files in FrameMaker 19

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to select anything on the Help menu in FM 19. When I click on the menu, it displays, but when I try to select anything it closes. Is anyone else experiencing this difficulty?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Dell UltraSharp U2410 is 1920 x 1200 / 60 Hz, and that's fairly standard anymore, or even on the lower end. If it were a 4K monitor, you'd be looking here. Access this by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting Properties from the pop-up menu. It's at the bottom. I don't have a 4K monitor so I can't tell you where to go from there ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have only a beta version (15.0.2.xxx) with no such problem. I can not remember that in the released version (15.0.0.393) or updated version (15.0.1.430) this problem existed.

âž” It may be worth to uninstall and install again.

Klaus Daube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed 2019 and the top-level menu items jump the menu item to the left. I cannot get to selections under the Help top-level menu at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lauraj6856310​ did you apply all the patches that have come out since FM2019's release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied latest patches (15.0.3.603). I can view and select the Help menu items now, but the top level menus are really twitchy! It shouldn't be so hard to view and select a menu item. Is there something I can set to change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be a Windows display driver issue - are you running on a really hi-res display? Have you tried playing with the FM shortcut to see if there's any impact to using the Compatibility high DPI settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dell UltraSharp U2410 Monitors – not sure is that is hi-res.

I do not know what to change in the shortcut. I do not see anything related to compatibility or DPI settings

I thought I applied patches, but I am downloading the 2 updates and will apply them when done downloading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dell UltraSharp U2410 is 1920 x 1200 / 60 Hz, and that's fairly standard anymore, or even on the lower end. If it were a 4K monitor, you'd be looking here. Access this by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting Properties from the pop-up menu. It's at the bottom. I don't have a 4K monitor so I can't tell you where to go from there ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines