Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker Essentials — Join the virtual workshop series on Adobe FrameMaker

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

03_FWEBINAR_1358x340.png

You are invited to attend an online workshop series on the marketing leading software for authoring and publishing technical content, Adobe FrameMaker. In this particular series, we will focus on the unstructured authoring or style-based authoring side of FrameMaker. Join Barb Binder, as she demonstrates how you can master authoring content in FrameMaker, irrespective of whether you are a novice or an expert technical writer. 

Session 1: Introduction to Adobe FrameMaker | August 24

The first session will focus on the authoring basics in FrameMaker.

Register now

Session 2: Authoring tips in Adobe FrameMaker | September 14

This second session is geared towards intermediate users in FrameMaker.

Register now

Session 3: Advanced Adobe FrameMaker Features | October 31

This third session will cover a few advanced features in FrameMaker.

Register now

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

If you follow the Register Now link, you will see a Register For Free button and a note that it is "Free and Online".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these three virtual workshops free?  The reason I ask is that when I tried to sign up for the Sep workshop it wanted to know my timeframe "to purchase."  I was under the impression these were free. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you follow the Register Now link, you will see a Register For Free button and a note that it is "Free and Online".

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: …it wanted to know my timeframe "to purchase."

That might have meant "timeframe to purchase FM".
Did you use your AdobeID to initiate the reg process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct. Timeline to purchase the software is a standard question Adobe asks when signing up for these things and downloading trial versions. One can answer None/No Plans if desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Creamer for answering the questions.

And yes this FrameMaker Essential webinar series is completely free and available online. All registered user will also recieve the recording of the webinar once the webinar is over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And they are presented by Barb Binder--one couldn't do much better than that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will these be available as recorded sessions afterwards? Due to the time difference, I won't be able to attend (attending training at 3am local time would be challenging as I'd still be asleep :-)).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, you can watch these videos on-demand at your preferred time. All these sessions will be recorded and shared with registered users a few days after the session is over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very annoying to have to resign in to register for each course. Also, if you say 'yes' to "Are you already a customer?", why do you still have to answer about implementation/purchase plans? You're already a customer!

I signed up for all 3, because Barb is good and it never hurts to have a refresher on the basics. Thanks for doing this, @Barb Binder. See you in next week. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lin, Sorry for the inconvenience. We could not enable a single registration for all the sessions because these sessions are spread over different dates.

Thanks for bringing the form question issues to our notice. We have fixed the same so going forward people will not face any problem. Looking forward to welcome you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just watched the recording for Barb's first session. Even with my 10+ years of using FrameMaker (and having recently switched for Structured FM), the session was full of tips and usefull information I didn't know about. Great session, Barb! Can't wait for the next ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Thank you so much for letting me know, @QuintinSeegers. What was your favorite tip?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Barb Binder Pretty much everything you shared on tables - using the toolbar icons to select columns/rows, how to move rows/columns without having to do the old cut/paste. I always saw the icons on the toolbar, but never paid them much attention because I was so used to doing it the 'manual' way. It's always good to do some 'back-to-basics' refresher training - you never know what you might learn :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Love it! 🙂

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines