Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

getting problem to genrate pdf

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pdf.PNG

I go through printer setting ... but ADode pdf is not shown there also...  As above iamge shown all the options are disable....  is there need  to buy Adobe PDF paid version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which FrameMaker version do you use (Help | About)?

No. You do not need to buy Acrobat Professional.

However, when the Adobe PDF printer is missing, then it seems that your installation is not correct.

Did you install with administrator rights? If not, de-install FrameMaker and install it again.

There are a number of threads which discuss your issue, e.g.:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker-discussions/adobe-pdf-printer-not-being-installed/m-p/1472...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker-discussions/framemaker-could-not-find-adobe-pdf-printer/m-...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker-discussions/framemaker-2020-can-t-find-pdf-printer-instanc...

There are more threads. When you search for "Adobe PDF printer" in the FrameMaker forum, you will find more threads.

Best regards, Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frame maker 17.0.4 version i have 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.PNG

I am go through Repair Acrobat installation or add the printer manually this setting but there is also is also adobe printer is missing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Version 17.04 is the latest version. Very good.

Which Acrobat variant do you have? Acrobat Professional or only Acrobat Reader?

If Acrobat Reader, then the repair installation will not help.

Acrobat Reader does not install the Adobe PDF printer.

Did you install FrameMaker with administrator rights?

If nothing helps, contact the Adobe support: tcssup@adobe.com

What I have heard, they are rather helpful.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker

Best regards, Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe acroabt reader i have version 24.002.20895

then what shall  i do....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow @Winfried Reng's suggestion and contact Adobe Support:

If nothing helps, contact the Adobe support: tcssup@adobe.com

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In attached file it is mentioned that to create an PDF file of frame maker document (.fm ) using printer option need to by adobe acrobat paid version. but the are  metioned that    For Microsoft Office documents, the Adobe PDF printer does not include some of the features that are available from PDFMaker. For example, you cannot create bookmarks and hyperlinks using the Adobe PDF printer. If you’re creating a PDF from a Microsoft

Office document and you want to use these features, use PDFMaker.  

to create pdf  is used file > print > setup > microsoft to pdf

If  i purchase paid version of adobe acrobat.. will my problem is solved...  means when i print through file > publish > pdf 

is bookmark and hyperlinks are created .. aslo can i comment and highleted the text... in pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker had this same issue this week (she could not publish to PDF from FrameMaker) and when she installed Adobe PDF Pro it fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2024 Sep 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe PDF Windows printer instance should be installed when you install FM. There isn't a requirement to have purchased Acrobat Pro; however, there have been many reports of the AdobePDF instance being deleted by some update process. There are numerous threads about this with some workarounds being mentioned in Adobe helpx articles on how to reinstall it. However, if all that fails, you should contact the FM folks as @Barb Binder suggested - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2024 Sep 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @nikitags02 ,

you are mixing up two different things.

1) There is a "Publish"-route to generate a PDF.

Your first screenshots shows that publish-pod of FM.

This route does not rely on Acrobat/Adobe PDF printer, it is independent of Acrobat/Adobe PDF printer.

2)  The other route is the Print-route using the Adobe PDF printer that is installed with Acrobat.

Which route are you trying to use?

Please describe exactly what you are trying to do, the way you are going and any error message shown.

Regards

Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2024 Sep 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephan is correct. Publish is an internal PDF engine that does not rely on Acrobat, Distiller, or a PDF print driver.

-Matt Sullivan
FrameMaker Course Creator, Author, Trainer, Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2024 Sep 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Publish pod you can activate or deactivate the option "Use Acrobat Distiller for PDF Generation".

Then you can use the FrameMaker PDF engine or Distiller to create your PDF.

This option is used, when you create your PDF via the Publish pod and also, when you create your PDF via File | Save As PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines