• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I re-size and change default magnification of MathFlow editor

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FM 2020 (16.0.1). DITA 1.3. We have just installed the MathFlow editor and I have two usability issues:

• Every time that I start to edit a new equation, the editor defaults to a tiny magnification, requiring me to click on the magnify icon several times. Why is the magnification setting not saved between edits? Or a way to set some sort of default? I am guessing that this was never an issue with older, low resolution monitors, but with higher resolution monitors, the default magnification is too small.
  • There does not appear to be a way to re-size the editing window. With long equations (and with the editing window magnified...) the equation does not fit in the window. This lack of functionality is awkward and frustrating. Is there a way to either enable re-sizing of the window, or to change the default editing window size?

TOPICS
Feature request , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

MathFlow is a third-party component. As far as I know, MathFlow is discontinued (or will be discontinued sometime soon), and the successor is MathType. We are already in conversations with Wiris, the developers of MathFlow and MathThype, about a future solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that's a bug.
In the past FrameMaker had to be adapted to high resolution monitors. Possibly the equation editor was not adapted.

You might add a report in the Adobe bug tracker:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home

This issue was discussed in the forum, and there seem to be work-arounds:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker/framemaker-12-will-not-display-menu-items-correctly-outsid...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker/framemaker12-running-on-windows-10-screens-and-text-too-sm...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker/framemaker-2017-display-issues-on-4k-monitor/m-p/9546539

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MathFlow is a third-party component. As far as I know, MathFlow is discontinued (or will be discontinued sometime soon), and the successor is MathType. We are already in conversations with Wiris, the developers of MathFlow and MathThype, about a future solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MathFlow is horrible and should have never been included with FrameMaker. FrameMaker's original equation editor is much better except that it doesn't have XML under the covers and it renders the equations as graphics when saving as XML. I looked at trying to convert FrameMaker's equation's text representation to XML but it wasn't worth the effort for me. But that would have been a better approach for Adobe than including MathFlow with FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any alternatives or work-around suggestions (within the constraint of using DITA 1.3 in FM?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You either have to live with MathFlow inside of FrameMaker or use an external XML equation editor and find a way to integrate the equation XML into your FrameMaker XML. It depends if you need to display the equations in FrameMaker for print or PDF. If not, you may be able to use XSLT to merge your external equation XML with your FrameMaker DITA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines