• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is FM coming out with a patch soon?

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with 1ks of tables and when I insert a header when I delete the empty row, the fonts go crazy.

I've shown this to FM TS. Here are the steps:

1) Add a heading row

2) Move the heading column names in the heading row

3) Click in the row you just moved.

This happens at least 1 out of 5 times.

Also, there is a guaranteed crash if you create too many table headers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Please file a bug report at: Tracker

Provide as much detail and screenshots as possible, so that the engineers can investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM2017? Yes, there's talk of a patch being issued soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which FM version are you using?

I'm not aware of any bug report regarding this. Could you please forward your conversation wirh support to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll do my best to find it. The support person logged into my system and saw for himself.

I have since figured it out.

I import from Word.

In the CRC file, the first row is headers.

It FORMATS as a header but doesn't carry over if the table spans more that 1 page. Add a header row, move the header info into the header.

Delete the empty row.

1st. Row is now empty but is still formatted as a heder.

Move in to reformat the 1st row (data).

1 out of 5 times, the minute you go into the 1st data row to reformat, the data row takes on the header row formatting. In my case, the row is blue and the font white.

I'm busy right now. I'll let you know when I am in the office and I will let you log on and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has always been the case with Word tables - they are modelled differently than FM's. There is a third-party utility to make this an easy fix. See Rick Quatro's TableCleanerES (for Extendscript version) at:

Introducing TableCleanerES – FrameAutomation.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same import with 2015 and it didn't happend ever

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it looked correct, but I can guarantee you that Word imported tables into FM never have had true header and footer rows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t doubt that about Word but – in 2015 when I deleted the empty row, it pulled up the body cells and not pulling down on the heading format.

I can show you better than I can explain – if you would like to log on, you’re more than welcome to do so.

Understand, I’ve been using FM since ver 5.5 and I’m very experienced in Word – this particular bug is ONLY in FM17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please file a bug report at: Tracker

Provide as much detail and screenshots as possible, so that the engineers can investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m really too busy to write up the 7 or so steps it takes to create this bug. If someone would like to log in to my machine and watch, I’d be happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lindal57129284 - you know you're talking to fellow users here, right? We're not Adobe Support ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooooooooooooooooooo………… no I didn’t. I thought I was talking to ATS.

Thanks for the clarification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Update 1 patch for FM2017 is live now. For a list of fixed issues see:

Resolved issues in FrameMaker (2017 release)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis, can you mark this as Correct/Answered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy/Pasting a row (replace) is a guaranteed crash. Another crash guarantee is when you create a header row and copy information into the newly created header. So, I can either wait for it to crash (which is guaranteed) or close and reopen Framemaker and then the file. I work with (literally) thousands of tables so you can imagine my frustration

My ver FrameMaker 17 Ver 14.0.3.500.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tested this and it does not crash for me. I can copy and paste (replace) rows and columns without any crashes.

I can also copy & paste content into table heading rows.

As I have never heard about this kind of crash, I doubt it has something to do with copy & paste in tables per se. If it would be a crash "guarantee" our support hotline would have already exploded with ten thousands of calls 😉

Can you send me the document, where these crashes happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these the same tables that came from Word?

Can you break the tables into paragraphs, then do the reverse action of creating a table from the paragraphs? This should clear out any odd code that snuck in from Word.

Also, can you save the file as MIF and look at the MIF in a text editor? This might give you an idea of what is causing the issue, and simply opening up the MIF back into Fm might resolve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These tables are imported from Word. I tried to enter a ticket and was unable but, here is the information:

Copy/Pasting a row (replace) is a guaranteed crash. Another crash guarantee is when you create a header row and copy information into the newly created header. So, I can either wait for it to crash (which is guaranteed) or close and reopen Framemaker and then the file. I work with (literally) thousands of tables so you can imagine my frustration

My ver FrameMaker 17 Ver 14.0.3.500.

I tried to enter a ticket in the Adobe Tracker and, after entering in all of the information, I could not submit the bug. Here is what I entered:

Problem Description:Table copy/paste crashes FM17.

Copy/Pasting a row (replace) is a guaranteed crash.

Another crash guarantee is when you create a header row and copy information into the newly created header. So, I can either wait for it to crash (which is guaranteed) or close and reopen Framemaker and then the file. I work with (literally) thousands of tables (one book has 6600 tables) so you can imagine my frustration

In addition, here is a guaranteed crash if you create too many table headers.

My build FrameMaker 17 Ver 14.0.3.500.

Steps to Reproduce: Make 20 tables.

Copy a row of text and paste (replace) that row in another table

After maybe 5 or 10 times, FrameMaker will crash.

Actual Result: Crash

Expected Result: doesn't crash

Any Workarounds:

Hardware Info: ThinkStation

Operating: System: Win 10 Pro

Processor: 16.0G

System Type: 64-bit os x64 based processor

Graphics Info: Not sure what you want but, I have an NVIDIA Qyadro K1200 - two monitors LG Electrictronics LG Ultra HD (both).

NOTE 1: I COULD NOT ENTER ANYTHING IN THE FOLLOWING DROP-DOWNS:

Browser

Failure Type

Frequency

Following is the information:

Browser - not sure but I use Duck Duck Go and Google for internet browsing

Failure Type Crash

Frequency Every 5 or 10 tables

NOTE 2: The attachment is a confidential file. I would not have attached anything if I didn't have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try saving as MIF and look at it that way.

To keep from getting too much corruption, I was saving the file as MIF and working in that - still happened.Before I import from Word, I save the doc as an RTF. Then, I strip out as much of the formatting and styles as I can. My CRC is setup so that it comes in OK without too much garbage (I think).

I saved as a MIF but I don't know what I'm looking at. It HUGE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, how about breaking the table into paragraphs, then converting the paragraphs back into a table?

Also, are there graphics stored in the table cells?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines