Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre-FrameMaker 2020 Welcome screen not displaying properly

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am using FrameMaker release 2017 (version 14.0.4.511) and the welcome screen is displaying like this:

FrameMaker welcome screen.png

I'm using a work computer so I don't know if they have customized any setting. Here are some of my computer specs I do know:

• Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1803
  • 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Any idea on how I can fix this issue?

Thanks!

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Hi All

The issue has been fixed. Due to some redirection going wrong, this issue started cropping up. Sorry for the inconvenience and hopefully welcome screen is displaying correctly for everyone now.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Repeated from other similar threads...

Shift+Scroll restores the original size to the Welcome screen in Fm 2019.

I noticed I need to do this each time I close all windows and redisplay the Welcome screen.

Annoying, but at least it restores functionality until Adobe provides more insight.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Hi everyone,

for the reason I am using DITA and up to now have not managed to update FM (15.0.4.701) to the latest version, I had the same overlaying marketing window problem. Right-click "Back" or Shift+Mouswheel worked, but still the "recent documents" list remained empty.

Research in these forums, editing files and testing I found 'my' solution – maybe there are others with similiar setting, so I like to share here:

1. Comment out in

c:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\15\resour

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone,

for the reason I am using DITA and up to now have not managed to update FM (15.0.4.701) to the latest version, I had the same overlaying marketing window problem. Right-click "Back" or Shift+Mouswheel worked, but still the "recent documents" list remained empty.

Research in these forums, editing files and testing I found 'my' solution – maybe there are others with similiar setting, so I like to share here:

1. Comment out in

c:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\15\resources\welcomeScreen\welcome.html

line 63: <!-- <h5><span id="DITA_Standard">(DITA-1.2)</span> <a id="FM_DITA_OPTIONS" href="http://fm-welcomescreen/?cmd=newxml-dita-options" class="">DITA-Version &auml;ndern</a></h5> -->

(Thanks to K.Daube for the tip!)

2. Comment out in same folder

c:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\15\resources\welcomeScreen\script.js

line 28-37:

//function ClearMarketingContent() {
// ClearListEntries("marketing");
//}

//function AddMarketingContent(source) {
// var item = document.createElement("iframe");
// item.src=source;
// item.className = "iframemarketing";
// document.getElementById("marketing").appendChild(item);
//}

Finally I got a normal working startscreen with the "recent documents" populated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines