• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted space between paragraph lines

Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I remove unwanted space between paragraph lines in adobe frame maker? I am sharing the screenshot, The paragraph line automatically going to the next page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Hi Amit:

The issue is overuse of the Keep with settings in Paragraph Designer > Pagination. Most of your paragraphs are set to either keep with the previous paragraph or keep with the next paragraph or both, and that's giving very unusual breaks. Typically we enable Keep with: Next on our headings, so that they don't break from the paragraphs that they modify, but not for our body paragraphs or for our lists. You also have random empty paragraphs (¶) and those have them too.

There are except

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure what your issue is. You give only very little info. Please correct me.

Do you think that the line spacing between the lines of your Body paragraph is too wide?

Then decrease the Line Space value in the Paragraph Designer.

If you think that the spacing between paragraphs is too wide, then that's different. The spacing above and below the Body paragraph is 0. FrameMaker takes the higher value of the space below of the first paragraph and the space above of the second paragraph. This will be the space between the paragraphs.

And you can set that a paragraph starts at the top of a page.

Best regards, Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amit Mani30445109n307:

My guess is that you are encountering a keeps issue. It would help us if you could click in the paragraph at the bottom of that screen shot, open Paragraph Designer > Pagination and post a screen shot of the settings. Please do the same thing on the next page with your cursor in the following paragraph and as much of the next page visible as possible so that we can see what is happening.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, pls find the screenshot and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lines automatically jump onto next page even though there is enough space in the current page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AmitMani30445109n307_0-1688363144025.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone through your solutions that u have provided for the same issue. I have tried all that, but nothing is working. Please check and revert.

AmitMani30445109n307_0-1688363411366.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ceck this one too, Unneccessary space left between the lines of a paragraph.

AmitMani30445109n307_0-1688367109519.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
All your text are hooked to the previous and next paragraph, maybe you have to unhook them :

On your text, uncheck the "Keep With Next Paragraph"

On your title just under (exemple : 1.2 Purpose), uncheck the "Keep with Previous Paragraph"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philippe, I uncheck the box "Next paragraph" and vice versa but it didn't work. Please check the screenshot.

AmitMani30445109n307_0-1688369878088.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed in this screenshot that the Body paragraph style has an override. What happens when you reapply the Body paragraph style from the Paragraph Catalog?

If that doesn't work, can you check the "Keep with Previous" settings on your note paragraph that follows the Body paragraph?

You also mentioned elsewhere that you insert manual page breaks. Can you remove the manual breaks to resolve this issue?

Finally, can you display the text symbols and share that screenshot? There may be an empty paragraph hiding between your Body and Note paragraphs that is causing issues.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a space between the lines of a paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb, I have created another document, meanwhile I have relized that when I use pagebreak, then it leaves uncessary spaces between the lines of paragraphs at multiple places of the documents, and when I don't, it creats a well-formatted docuement. I want your opion on this, I have gone through each of your videos on Youtube, but I couldn't find the solution anywhere. Please reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not working, I was wrong. Still leaving so much unnessary space between lines of a paragraph.

AmitMani30445109n307_1-1688395159822.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amit:

Are you comfortable sharing a file with me? Let me take a look at it and I can give you a very direct answer. I don't need the graphics, just an Fm file that has the issues that you're showing us. You can Google me and email it to me directly or you can put it on file sharing server like Dropbox and message me the link.

It is a holiday today and tomorrow in the US so I'm not in the office but I will take a look as soon as I get a chance.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb, I have mailed you the FM, file, please take a look and reply. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amit:

The issue is overuse of the Keep with settings in Paragraph Designer > Pagination. Most of your paragraphs are set to either keep with the previous paragraph or keep with the next paragraph or both, and that's giving very unusual breaks. Typically we enable Keep with: Next on our headings, so that they don't break from the paragraphs that they modify, but not for our body paragraphs or for our lists. You also have random empty paragraphs (¶) and those have them too.

There are exceptions to every rule, but I would recommend turning off all Keep withs (expect on the headings) and then review the document. You can always either add manual a page breaks, or overrides after the final round of edits if you feel it is necessary.

~Barb

2023-07-04_19-01-38.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Barb! This had really irritated me for the weeks, but u saved me. Thank u! Your solution worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great news, Amit. Please come back here and ask us questions anytime you are stumped. We are always happy to help.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines