Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urgent - Framemaker 2019 crashes on startup

Mentor ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This morning, suddenly FM2019 crashes on startup. The splash screen appears and then just disappears. I think it gets a little past "Filters" but it is hard to tell. Both 32bit and 64bit crash. I've tried full reinstallation, manual deletion of the app settings folder, all the basic tricks I know. This is a major problem for me, obviously.

My OS is Windows 10 v1803 - Build 17134.523

If no one knows any more tricks, does anyone know if I can get Adobe support for this?

Russ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Hi Russ,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

It could be an issue with the licensing or may be related to Fonts installed on your machine. Can you please email us at above email mentioned by "Jeff_Coatsworth" with your contact details and we will contact you back.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give the FM guys a buzz at tcssup@adobe.com

[edited - I always goof up that address - it's not support, just sup]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russ,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

It could be an issue with the licensing or may be related to Fonts installed on your machine. Can you please email us at above email mentioned by "Jeff_Coatsworth" with your contact details and we will contact you back.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mayank,

Thank you for the response. I sent an email a little bit earlier, with a mobile phone number. By the way, I get frequent messages about "font changes on the system" from FrameMaker, seems just random.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks to Mayank and Adobe support for a quick response and solution. Apparently, a file related to licensing was corrupt in the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

Mayank renamed the folder, allowed the application to regenerate it, and everything started working again. I had to put in my license key again, so if you end up in the same situation, make sure you have that handy.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines