• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App Started Freezing and Crashing After About a Week of Using It

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... I posted this in another thread and it was marked as spam? I'm here looking for help and am a paying customer. Read my post before marking it as spam please. I will repost then... and if this gets marked as spam I'll contact corporate by phone and file a complaint.

Hi there,

I've been using the Fresco app on my tablet for about a week. It ran smoothly until today, where whenever I add a new layer and draw something, it freezes and will take 10-15 seconds to unfreeze. It gets worse when I try moving layers. This is not an issue with the device, since when I try to draw and move layers on my desktop computer, I get the same issues.

I also took a look at Task Manager to identify what the slowdown might be, and I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that it's a cloud-stored file, and it's not communicating with the Adobe servers fast enough. When the app hangs, I see my Ethernet charts spike in Task Manager. CPU, GPU, Disk and Memory are all fine. Is there no way to store the files locally to avoid having these terrible freezes and crashes? I've read online several others have had similar problems and some support members will simply say the device is not compatible.

Again, there are no issues with my hardware. I can run Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, and all the other apps just fine, and am able to edit 4K footage without any issues. So I know for a fact that it's not a hardware limitation. Below are details of my PC, where the same issues occur as they do on my drawing tablet.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32694MB RAM
Page File: 14165MB used, 23392MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0928 64bit Unicode

GPU Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F06&SUBSYS_13A210DE&REV_A1
Display Memory: 24377 MB
Dedicated Memory: 8031 MB
Shared Memory: 16346 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (144Hz)

Also, please allow storing of the files locally, I'm guessing this is the issue since I've added many more layers since I started using the app. My best guess is that Fresco can't handle the amount of layers? But this is a drawing app... it's meant to handle multiple layers... this is why I'm paying for the subscription... if it can't handle 60 simple layers I'm taking my money somewhere else to another app that can handle it. Procreate also exists, and it can handle 60 layers pretty well.

Please advise, thanks.

TOPICS
Device , Performance , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short it looks like you're asking for a way to store files locally. The good new is you can!

On the start screen, tap the 3 dots under an image and choose Make available offline.

If you do this for an image, test all the above things you've mentioned and see if the same thing continues to happen. If it does, I'd use the in-app app settings Help section to Report a bug directly to the Fresco developers to see if they can assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I did find a way to store the file locally but still, I get heavy lag. I tried duplicating the file because of the history and number of undos maybe being an issue which I read in another thread, but that only helped for about a minute. After that, it was very slow again.

Another issue is that my pen is pretty slow and lags behind in Fresco. If I draw something it takes about half a second or so for the line to actually appear in Fresco. I know this is related to Smoothing, and in this thread (https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco-discussions/apple-pencil-delay-with-adobe-fresco/td-p/10650024) someone named Sue Garibaldi stated the following about Smoothing being an issue with the pen lag:

"I don't have a solution for you right now, and I'm not certain at what point the stroke behavior will change, but I wanted to at least let you know that there is a team looking at the smoothing of vector brushes."

That was 2 years ago! Here we are 2 years later and still smoothing is an issue and causing delay/lag. What exactly is the developer team doing to resolve this? I'm really considering swapping from Fresco to a competitor because it's ridiculous how 2 years pass and I experience the same issues users expereinced in the past.

Please advise, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think sometimes when there's a simple solution such as reduce the smoothing, it gets checked off as solved! Which is not a good approach since this solution causes other problems with the smoothness of the lines.

There's been a lot of  'requests' from Draw/Sketch users to make Fresco more like those two apps. Since Adobe are the ones telling people to switch to Fresco I guess it's possible they are therefore focusing on those requests.

Last I knew Sue was no longer part of the team, I thoroughly agree though that we should be getting better support for something which was reported so long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 days later... following up on this again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another 6 days later... who is the community manager or product lead around here for Fresco? I find it hard to believe that for such a big company, there's no one keeping tabs of discussions like these. It's not like it's hard to keep track of these with only a handful or so of new discussions being posted every day on the Fresco section of the forums here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, i'm having similar issues. this is the second time i'm reaching out to find a solution to why Fresco keeps lagging, then freezing, then crashing. sometimes it auto saves and other times not. I have the latest Apple ipad and pencil to it's not an equipment issue.  I have a project due soon and am not able to complete because of this issue. please help.

joni taylor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joni, as I said in your thread you created, you say you have the latest iPad,  but which iPad do you have?  I ask, because there are drastically different capabilities with each iPad. For example, the iPad Air and iPad Pros have 8GB of RAM, with the 1-2 TB models of the Pro having 16 GB of RAM, the current Mini has 4 GB of RAM and the base model of iPad only has 3 GB of RAM.  Also,  how much available storage do you have? Because that can affect performance as well.  Though its not an Adobe product,  Procreate has often told its users to make sure at least 15% of the device's storage is free, because less than that could affect performance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines