• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blurry

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can help me! When i enlarge the subject to draw detail and then reduce to fit the composition, it is becomes extremely blurry. I am working on a 20.5 x 10.5 inch size, 300 ppi. Completely stumped in what adjustments I need to make. I'm assuming I'd need to adjust and readjust the ppi setting? 

TOPICS
Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

have you found the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

The problem is that unless you work in vector, repeatedly transforming the artwork will lead to a compression and will destroy your artwork. It will not do that if you zoom in and out, which only affect the visualisation of the canvas and not actually affecting the artwork.
It's generally not a good idea to transform parts of an artwork, as a general rule (it's the same in photoshop etc, not really specific to Fresco)
Whether you use the lasso or any other tool to transform doesn't affect the res

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

See my answer above,. If you want to draw details you need to zoom in, and not transform the artwork, unless you use vector brushes, or shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that you zoom in or are you transforming a selection?

Is this something you've drawn in Fresco or is it an image imported in to use as a guide.

Keep in mind Fresco is a rastor based app so there will often be some sort of bluring of edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. My problem more specifically is if i zoom in and
sketch and then lasso the sketch and shrink, the image is completely
blurry.
I forgot to mention that I am utilizing the lasso function to decrease the
image in size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that unless you work in vector, repeatedly transforming the artwork will lead to a compression and will destroy your artwork. It will not do that if you zoom in and out, which only affect the visualisation of the canvas and not actually affecting the artwork.
It's generally not a good idea to transform parts of an artwork, as a general rule (it's the same in photoshop etc, not really specific to Fresco)
Whether you use the lasso or any other tool to transform doesn't affect the result, it's the transformation itself that does.

If you want to avoid that and cannot use the zoom instead to draw in details, I would suggest you work with vector brushes and vector layers only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you found the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my answer above,. If you want to draw details you need to zoom in, and not transform the artwork, unless you use vector brushes, or shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines