Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco uses the wrong GPU

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a laptop with 2 GPUs (intel graphics which it's not really powerful, and Nvidia Geforce, for Gaming and complex video operations)

Basically Fresco it's lagging and brushes like oil, watercolor among others, are pretty slow (with lag) also the user experience it's that it's laggins generally.

When I force Adobe fresco to use the Nvidia GPU (through Windows settings) still lagging exactly as before and when I check the resources panel, I see that it uses *always* the intel GPU 😞

this is a bug since it's lagging and I have bad user experiences with certain opertations (which makes my workflow slow and a bit frustating)

some images for debugging

Screenshot 2022-04-16 185842.png

Screenshot 2022-04-16 185940.png

  

TOPICS
Device , Live brushes , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Hi @jaun2406913646sg,

Sorry for the delayed response. I checked the Nvidia 940MX GPU is not compatible to run Fresco. However, Intel HD Graphics 520 GPU has DirectX 12.1 support and is compatible to run Fresco. Though Intel GPU is compatible but is a very old generation GPU, and performance may not be optimal while working on some files or using a specific tool/ feature. 

I hope this clarifies!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, no matter which GPU I choose from windows settings, experience it's always the same (plus the resources panel always displays the Intel GPU as the one which is being used)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be something best discussed with the developers, head into the app settings > help > Report a bug.

Not so much that it's a bug with the app but they may be able to help with the Windows settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a laptop with 2 GPUs (intel for desktop, and basic video operation, and Nvidia Geforce 940MX for gaming and complex video operations)

Basically, I go to Settings -> Display -> Graphic card options -> create a setting for Adobe fresco to use the Nvidia graphic card

Open Fresco -> it's a bit slow with water color and oil brushes (among others) also I have lag from time to time, when I check the resources panel I always find this

here I leave some images to show the bug

Screenshot 2022-04-16 185842.pngScreenshot 2022-04-16 185940.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you've posted this request twice. So I'm going to lock this conversation and point people to your other discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jaun2406913646sg,

Sorry for the delayed response. I checked the Nvidia 940MX GPU is not compatible to run Fresco. However, Intel HD Graphics 520 GPU has DirectX 12.1 support and is compatible to run Fresco. Though Intel GPU is compatible but is a very old generation GPU, and performance may not be optimal while working on some files or using a specific tool/ feature. 

I hope this clarifies!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines