• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 2 message in Fresco

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with a "Error Code 2" message whole animating in Fresco. Anyone having this issue?
It's disrupting saving the document and progress is being lost. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Brian5E68,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Fresco, details of your workflow, if Fresco behaves this way with only some file(s), and if yes, sharing a link to a sample file here (https://adobe.ly/4aoNOkw), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a fix on this? Started happening to me yesterday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @J65892,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing more details, like if Fresco started behaving this way after a recent update or if any changes were recently made to your device software/hardware?

Also, kindly share the info above so we can check it with the team.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav,

As far as I can tell, it’s just the one file that I cannot save. I was adding more frames, after the 15th one, to multiple layers and started getting the error cod 2 message failed to save. I hadn’t done anything unusual other than making the file available offline. I actually never worked on it not connected to WiFi.

I tried making a copy of the file. Same problem.

https://photoshop.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:US:5c097fb6-ee80-435b-a156-7a5fe0b2f8cd

iPad OS 17.5.1
Fresco 5.6.0

Thank you,
Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, just happened again to a new file. I can get an mp4 but not save as psd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @J65892,

We're sorry for the trouble. It looks like we need to troubleshoot this in a live session. Please head here (https://adobe.ly/4c83LMj) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This unacceptable bug keeps happening, I'm now a week and a half behind schedule on a high level animation for work, and I can't rely on this worthless app any longer. It's unacceptable. I tried the garbage Adobe support chat yesterday for well over an hour. 5 transfers all across India. No one knew anything, nothing but scripted bot responses that might as well be AI. The amount of money Adobe ROBS from people because they have no other choice because Adobe strangled the entire industry into only being able to use their buggy, terrible softeware, but the worst part is not only did they manufacture this disgusting monopoly, but they also have zero intention of solving work-destroying bugs. I've deleted fresco, restarted my iPad, reinstalled it, got 30 minutes of work done, and then Error code 2 hits again. I can't animate with this. I can't work with this. The entire project is in jeapardy because Adobe can't put more than 2 developers on any single flagship software package. Unbelievably terrible company, unbelievably terrible support, and unbelievably awful, buggy software. I will be searching for ANY Alternative to this garbage as soon as humanly possible. What a massive waste of money, time and energy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem here, could I ask you if it happens to you when you reach a certain amount of layers and frames or could happen even if you just started with a few frames in one layer? To me it happens when I have like 3 layers with 30+ frames working from an Ipad Air M2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah after some extensive testing, it appears to start happening around that mark. However, I've started a new file, and have 2 layers both with 34 frames at 10fps and have yet to see the issue again on this file. The previous animation that gave me issues was 2 layers with about the same number of frames, but was a lot more complex, I had drawn a stroyboard and scaled up the board frames to then trace and refine keyframes from, so I wonder if repeatedly cropping that artwork outside the canvas and then adding those motion layers just caused some corruption issue. 

I also think perhaps taking the time to let the file fully upload with each save before re-entering the file could be helping, but I'm not sure. Either way I'll continue to monitor it for the duration of this project, but it seems that breaking things down into smaller files could be a work around to keep progress going. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, I just finished an animation, 40 frames per layer, with 4 layers and just been saving every few steps scared of Fresco giving me the error again, I hope they fix it someday, is not like we're making a whole movie, a 6 seconds animation shouldn't be a problem for the program to handle and it is... so sad because I love the app but man, having that constant fear of losing progress sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah thats essentially what ive been doing. Every few minutes ill exit and save in fear of losing it all again. Good to hear you have that much content running stable, it does suck a lot because I enjoy the app when its functioning but reliability is a serious concern for professional work. And youre right, mine are also only a few seconds and shouldnt be presenting this many issues for something so simple. Good luck, hopefully super frequent incremental saves do enough to complete the work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it's not very reliable as it is right now, fingers crossed, maybe that'll change soon, I also try to keep the app updated and my ipad too, because a couple of times that I had the error I went to the app store and there was an update ready to install, don't know if they're related but I'll try to keep mine updated, good luck to you too with your work, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines