Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Feature Request] Adobe Fresco for Android

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is Adobe Fresco coming to Android? If it is, are there any release dates yet or perhaps even a beta tester program?

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Hi prubini87,

Thanks for your interest in Fresco. As of now Fresco is only available for iPad but we're working on developing the app for other platforms and devices. I'll definitely pass on your feedback to the product team. 

Stay tuned for more updates!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 229 Replies 229
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then i will cancel my account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was fine and dandy when is Adobe going to release the Android version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also love an answer to this question! We've been out an Adobe sketching app on Andriod for over a year now, and the radio silence is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easier said than done. No slight to Android, but the fractured nature of its OS, with devices being all over the place with what version of Android and manufacturers making their own version of Android for their own devices make it ridiculously difficult to develop for Android and not have bugs. And if they did, it might be limited to a very few devices. I get it though. I'd love to see that come out for Android, I want it out to as much devices as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your point and, 5+ years ago, I would have agreed with this sentiment, but even when this was posted in 2019 Google was working to standardize things. With updates to display scaling/background process controls/permissions management and guaranteed updates for years from all major providers, I think it's difficult to support the argument that android fragmentation is the root cause anymore. 

That said, I would be willing to accept that if we had any kind of roadmap or communication at all after years of waiting. At this point, I think it's pretty fair for android users to feel abandoned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's the 5th of april 2023... 4 years have passed... android users are still watchin this thread in anger xD
adobe... come on... you caaaan't be seriousssss 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right?! I truly don't see why they didn't just keep it or keep it with
minimum updates or just not update it.. still no apps that do the same
thing either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Come on!
Almost 2024 here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dingdingding... 2024 -- anybody home ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Fresco coming to Android? I would like to use it on a Galaxy Note 9, but if it's not going to be possible I prefer not to get my hopes up.

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reachng out. Adobe Fresco is only available for iPads and Windows devices. To know the details of supported devices, click on https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/system-requirements.html

You may click on UserVoice link https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco/suggestions/39351757-fresco-for-android and upvote this.

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why did adobe remove fresco app on android version? I can't download it anywhere else. this is chaos!

[Renamed by Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this mean, I do not understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it means you posted in the wrong forum and i moved your post to the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco was never available on Android.  As far as I know, its not being developed for Android at the moment.  I could be totally wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, maybe so i'm wrong thanks for the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

per adobe employee at https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco-discussions/when-is-fresco-coming-out-for-android/m-p/13108020:

"Thanks for reaching out, and sorry for the late response. Fresco is currently available for users on Windows and iOS devices. I would request you to upvote this UserVoice (https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco/suggestions/44090415-fresco-on-android) and add your comments there. By doing this, you will keep getting all the updates related to this UserVoice."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello adobe! I wonder why the fresco program comes first on ios but still not on android. I like this program very much, so I want it to come to Android, I'm sure there are studies on this subject, but until when? Please hurry up I got a new tablet and I just want to make some art. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Sevde Nur30006723ezl5,

We understand that having Fresco on Android is important to you, and apologize for its unavailability at this time. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco/suggestions/43818732-fresco-on-android) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are pages and pages of requests on UserVoice for Fresco on Android. Android Tablet users are paying the same cost for a subscription that provides significantly less value. I assume Adobe has done the market research - if the numbers aren't there to justify fairly supporting Android customers, then give us the data so we can understand. Otherwise, give us the software. A little transparency goes a long way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had luck using my Samsung S9+ tablet with Fresco, and being able to draw with Samsung's S pen on the tablet in Fresco.  Samsung has a built in feature on the tablet called "Second Monitor".  This allows me to start up Fresco on my Windows PC, and then using "Second Monitor", the Samsung tablet becomes a third monitor to the two I was already using on my Windows PC.  The catch is you can only use Fresco on the Android tablet when you have the tablet right next to the Windows PC.  The Windows PC I'm using is a laptop, so I could take this on the road, but its not as handy as if Fresco ran natively on the tablet.  This also allows me to use my tablet's pen in Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the Adobe fresco Android application availabile ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you search through the forum you will notice this has been asked many times.

Adobe staff have indicated that it is being worked on, however they do not give release dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines