• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix the storage errors now!

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We know that many of you had been struggling with the error where the app was asking for more storage on the device and wasn’t a pleasant experience.  

But the fix is here! We’ve released an update for the app today.  

Simply update the app on your device and this error will no longer appear.Simply update the app on your device and this error will no longer appear.

If you’re still facing the issue please let us know here.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I can see that you've tried to post an image, but I can't see the image. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BF17E5A1-F723-4C63-BE75-06C4330E1011.png
Can you see it now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

Yes. I can see it.

But... I do also need to see what's showing as the free disk space on your device; that information will auto-populate the email you send me through Fresco's Report A Bug link. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8E8C5056-9D11-4B6B-A950-0623861A63D0.jpeg This?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue with storage errors. They only just started in February 2021. I have enough space so the issue is mystifying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Red. 

I know these alerts can be confusing. Please post a screenshot of the storage alert you're seeing in Fresco so I can be sure which it is. 

If you don't want to post it here, you can email us through Fresco's Report A Bug link. To do that tap App Settings > Help > Support > Report A Bug. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the app on my new iPad only a couple months ago, and this issue has caused me extreme grief.

I have absolutely nothing on my iPad. Fresco takes up over 10GBs of my internal storage. 
Every time I go to open it, it won't let me, saying I need to free up 3GBs of storage.

I have literally run out of things to delete.

I have no photos, files, documents, or downloads on my iPad. I ran out of apps to delete, and had to delete very important apps. 
It still won't let me open it. If I delete anything else, I won't be able to use this for work. But I can't use it for work anyways because I can't get this app to open.

What is going on? 
I have 32GBs of internal storage on my iPad 8th gen. I pay for iCloud storage, where I have 500GBs, AND I pay for all of the Adobe Apps, where I have an additional 100GBs of storage. If Fresco supposedly saves everything to Adobes' Cloud, why can't I get it to work properly? 
I'm going to have to find a different drawing app, which is an absolute shame because I specifically got this iPad to use with my Adobe apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Borderline. 

Please message us through Fresco Report A Bug link (App Settings > Help > Support  > Report A Bug); all of your  device/app information will automatically populate that email and we'll be better able to determine what's going on. 

If, when you  write us there, you can include a screenshot of the alert you're seeing, that would be helpful too. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn' have this storage issues until I get the last Fresco update (3.1.1). I have an Ipad pro 2018 with 64GB.

I had to restart my device and delete most of my files from Fresco to make it works again but the issues still occurs so I had to remove 2GB of files from my device.

Moreover when I update to Fresco 3.1.0 all the changes I've made to my brush settings and my color palette where gone. Please fix this issue or we cannot use the app anymore. And please make favorite brushes and color palette downloadable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally freed up 3.2 GB storage on my iPad yesterday, the same issue is occurring now and I can't open anything on Adobe fresco. I only have 2 MB storage on my iPad, how am I supposed to free up 3.2GB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16EDEA8A-172A-4F63-A2FB-89B6B8F71597.jpeg4B6B5A3B-F6DC-408F-81D5-9505F8319549.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

based on your pics, that's not showing how much storage is actually on your ipad.  That's just showing your iCloud storage. Your OS is going to take up a few GB storage.  Your iPad storage capacity is in Settings>General>iPad Storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this message yesterday so I freed up storage. When I went back into the app my artwork was gone! Not all of my projects, just the one I was working on. I had been working on it over multiple days, had sent it to my desktop multiple times (Quick Export – so none of the layers). And now its just a blank canvas. When I go to version history it just has the date I lost it and the date I started which is also blank. But I have been working on it for 5 days and it saved every day. Is there any way of getting this work back? Very frustrating – my clients deadline is this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm teaching classes with 56 High School students and started off the year with Sketch and Draw. I have noticed this morning that Adobe is forcing the users to open all previous Sketch and Draw projects in Fresco.  WHY? 

The other issue that we are experiencing is the “Error for requiring additional 2 GB of storage” when using Fresco. I can’t even use the tutorial because Fresco is requesting me to free more storage. 

As of right now I am a lame duck in the water due to crappy programming.

How do we resolve this issue QUICKLY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason why they're requiring people to open their projects in Fresco is because Sketch and Draw are apps that aren't going to be supported any more and they want people to open them in Fresco before the files become unusable to open.  As for the error,  how big of a device do you have? How much storage do you have remaining?  Have you seen the other replies to see if that helps at all?    I do know from my experience from other companies' drawing apps that things get squirrelly when the remaining storage gets low, Procreate often tells people to make sure at least 15% of your storage is available.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on fresco and the app closed all of sudden, I lost all my progress, it happened not once but a few times. And the files are not saving automatically when I am trying to save the file of fresco it showing that there is no sufficient storage, whereas I have 99 Gb free in the creative cloud and I have a lot of free space in my Laptop as well. I also have the latest version of the fresco, in which this problem should have been resolved.Will be eagerly waiting for your reply and hope that u resolve it ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still there.

I have iPad 8, IOS 15.0.2 and the latest Fresco.

Adobe Fresco need 4 GB of free space for it to work. That is a lot of space for a mobile app. 

Is there a fix for this or another app to use for drawing from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really desperately need the use of Adobe Sketch, and when it was replaced by Fresco, I deleted it and downloaded the new app.  It just requires so much space, it's completely unusable, but I REALLY need to use it. It just won't work.  I've deleted like, 10 other apps from my phone to makes space and permanently deleted hundreds of photos, and it still isn't enough.  I couldn't open any of my old projects or make a new one.  I didn't really need my old projects so I deleted them to make more space and it did absolutely nothing.  I really just want to use Adobe sketch.  It's nessecary for my work and I can't use it at all right now.  It's the only free app I ever used that allowed me to download images with transparent backgrounds and provided the speific tools I needed for photo editing as well.  Please fix this.  I want to use the app, but if it's not functional anymore I'll have to find some other resource and give up on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted loads of photos I wanted just to free 0.3GB which it asked for only for it to say after I need to clear 3.2GB. How is this still going on in 2022 if the issue was reported in 2019!? Shouldn't of got rid of Draw until Fresco was actually ready 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March 2022. Got the same error. Still had 16gb of storage. Deleted apps and tried it again. I just lost three days of work when I tried to power off and power back on. My document was lost and the last update to the cloud was a week ago. My entire file is lost. I'm extremely disappointed.

DO NOT power off and power back on if you get this error. You'll lose your file!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uggh. How terrible!
Thanks for the warning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all — I have a very odd correlation that may or may not be something —

• I am having this same problem with Fresco, as of April 26, 2022.
• I am on an iPad Pro (OS 14.8.1), and Fresco is a fresh install, as of January 2022.
• Fresco is fully updated to the latest version (v. 3.5.0), as of this post.

• I was working on an illustration and when I came back to it after lunch the app refused to open. I got the same error as everyone else:

"Low on Storage. Your device storage is low and document recovery has failed. Please free up 3.2 GB of device storage and retry."

• This iPad has more than sufficient space. After rebooting multiple times and deleting hundreds of files, apps, videos and photos, nothing solved the issue, nor did the "3.2 GB" value change in the Fresco warning.

Strangely, while searching through the iPad Settings for updates, I noticed that my Apple ID required my attention; I had to log back into my Apple ID. When I signed back in again, Fresco worked on the first try. I don't know how these things could be related, but this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also used Fresco on a fresh install... worked on 1 file and storage is full. Spent  a week contacting Customer Service and they have no clue... I will go back to Affinity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue now. Ditto for everything everyone has mentioned in this thread. So frustrating. Is there a new fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get Fresco to even open. I am running Win 11 , which is all up-to-date. I updated my GPU drivers, It is installed on a drive with 1.6 TB 's of available space. I have uninstsalled and re-installed 3X, and restarted my system multiple times. I just switched from All Apps to the Photoshop bundle yesterday. Any advise would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines