• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco converted all layers (vector / pixel ) to layers with "Photoshop Badge" - Cannot edit!

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- 

I've been working on Adobe Fresco on iPad for a couple of months. Just today when I opened a project that I have been working on for the past weeks, my screen pops up with a window saying "Your Photoshop layers are preserved. There are layer types in this document that Adobe Fresco cannot edit. These layers are read - only and have a Photoshop badge on them." (screenshot included below) 

I have never even used photoshop before, and did not actively convert these layers. 

I want to convert my project BACK to vector / pixel layers, so I can edit my work on Fresco. 

The app converted the project to photoshop layers automatically, and I am struggling to figure out how to convert it back. Has anyone had this issue? How do I change the layers "back" to editing within Fresco?

Thanks!  IMG_15D84C8C42A9-1.jpeg

TOPICS
How-to , Layers , Performance , Pixel Brushes , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

So I figured it out! When you add effects like “brightness” etc to your Fresco layers it seems to turn your pixel/vector layers into PS Layers - meaning you can’t edit you layers. I opened PS and merged the effects to the particular layer, opened it up in Freaco and I was able to edit all the layers again..

Thank you again for always messaging me back! Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

This is NOT okay. Just had this happen on Illustration and interior design files I've been working on throughout the ENTIRE year. Including illustrations for books and clients. This makes no sense and going in to flatten effects in PSD isn't an option here because of ongoing changes. Effects as a tool exist within Fresco itself--if they require flattening in Photoshop that renders the program entirely useless. 😳

Adobe, whatever happened in your latest update needs to be rectified.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

I discovered if you click on your project "...", there is an option to see previous version.  Fresco appears to save a backup of all previous versions. You can go back to a previous version before the alteration of hue/saturation/etc was made, and the layers are still separate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just happened to me, I don't use Photoshop, nor have I imported any files from outside the Fresco app and yet one of my main layer groups has been converted to a photoshop read only layer. This layer group contains hours and hours worth of art work and by the looks of it I've got to start over. How do I know this isn't going to happen with everything else I make in the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... I need my file back to what it was, tried to open it in photoshop but the app just collapsed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened to me. Never used Photoshop and can't ungroup layers with the PS icon loosing hundreds of hours of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it has happened to me too! We need a solution to convert those layers back to editable files in Fresco???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution to this? This literally just happened to me. I spent hours working on layers and now they're converted to Photoshop layers and I have no way of converting it back. Super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I figured it out! When you add effects like “brightness” etc to your Fresco layers it seems to turn your pixel/vector layers into PS Layers - meaning you can’t edit you layers. I opened PS and merged the effects to the particular layer, opened it up in Freaco and I was able to edit all the layers again..

Thank you again for always messaging me back! Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT okay. Just had this happen on Illustration and interior design files I've been working on throughout the ENTIRE year. Including illustrations for books and clients. This makes no sense and going in to flatten effects in PSD isn't an option here because of ongoing changes. Effects as a tool exist within Fresco itself--if they require flattening in Photoshop that renders the program entirely useless. 😳

Adobe, whatever happened in your latest update needs to be rectified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered if you click on your project "...", there is an option to see previous version.  Fresco appears to save a backup of all previous versions. You can go back to a previous version before the alteration of hue/saturation/etc was made, and the layers are still separate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
10 hours ago 10 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a bit tedious but locking all your layers before saving prevents this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines