• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco export size issues

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everytime I export a fresco file with a different canvas size , it crops the size to the screen size. example:  I work on canvas sizes that are 1200 px X 1800 px. when I export in all diff formats and open in Photos app, the edges of the image are cropped off to fit screen size. how do I fix this?? thank you 

TOPICS
Canvas settings , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @LJOLJO,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with exporting your Fresco files. To better assist you, could you please share a sample file that exhibits this problem? Additionally, when you open the exported file in the Photos app, could you check if the issue persists when you pinch out to ensure it's not zoomed in?

This information will help me understand the situation more clearly and provide you with appropriate assistance.

Thank you for your cooperation, and I look forward to resolving this for you.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello yes it is fully zoomed out and when I export as any other type of file, png, jpeg and do "save image" it cropped the top and bottom to match I believe "screen size". weirdly I can export as a PDF and open in Acrobat but as soon as I then export that PDF and open it in my photos app it crops again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I just did the following test. I took a screenshot of what the image should look like while still in fresco and downloaded the PNG to photos folder. in the preview thumbnail of the photos folder AND when I email it to myself, the image is in full. but when I open the image in the photos folder it crops. is there a setting I have wrong on my photos folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for providing additional information and conducting those tests to help diagnose the issue further. Based on what you've described, it seems like the cropping issue might be specific to how the Photos app displays images in its thumbnail view. When viewing images in the Photos app's thumbnail grid, it often displays them in a 1:1 aspect ratio, which can result in cropping, especially for images that don't perfectly match that aspect ratio.

If your exported images display correctly when opened in other apps or viewed as previews, then it's likely that your export settings in Fresco are correct. However, to confirm this, you might want to try opening the exported images in different viewing applications to see if the cropping persists.

Regarding the issue with the Photos app specifically, since it's related to how the app handles image display in its folder view, you may need to reach out to Apple support for assistance. They might be able to provide further guidance or suggest settings adjustments within the Photos app itself.

I hope this helps clarify the situation. Please feel free to reach out if you have any more questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so odd, let me see if I can replicate tnis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines