Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco Illustration Missing Layers After Re-Opening File

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I worked several hours on an illustraton and always saved it in-between. I started to draw the background with a brush until the app froze suddenly. I saved my illustration just before so I re-started the app. Now the file includes just three random layers of my ilustration, the majority of the layers are gone though and I can't access the latest saved version of my illustration. I tried to access my saved files in the cloud but it just displays a blank document. Is there a way to retrieve my file?

Best

TOPICS
Layers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest contacting the Fresco Help team directly for something like this.

You can send them an email message directly through the app from Settings choose Help then Report a Bug.
Explain what has happened and see if there is any way they can access your original file prior to the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same issue after trying to fill a background with a live watercolour brush. No mixing, just laying down a wash. Not sure if the issue have anything to do my document having too many layers and nested layers. I gave the app sometime and try reopening the document and also try restarting the iPad. Lost the watercolour layer and another layer with live brushes work 😞 bummer. Need to recreate now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Work loss and crashes of this type happens on occasion. For me, it's often a result of having too many layers. I've also had problems with files not syncing, and perhaps your file was not fully synced prior to restarting Fresco.

I've never been able to retrieve work from a file that has crashed. However, here's a few unsolicited preventative measures:

1. Duplicate your file as a backup.

2. Merge layers that don't require further editing. You can always copy layers from the backup file into your new file if needed.

3. Close the Fresco app if working in another app. I've found that losses can occur if Fresco crashes when switching between apps. This should ensure that your file has been saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines