• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco vector art's scalability outside of Fresco

Participant ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading some recent qualified answers to posts, I'm confused about Fresco's vector brushes and output. I thought the purpose of its vector brushes is to create assets that are perfectly scalable outside of Fresco (if created only with vector brushes.) Isn't this true? Thank you for the help. 

TOPICS
Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Fresco does not create true Vector lines.

When exported to Illustrator your lines will be turned into shapes.

They should still be Scalable but I think the main confusion is the fact they export as shapes rather than a line.

For true Vector lines created in an iPad app I'd suggest Illustrator for iPad or Vectornator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco does not create true Vector lines.

When exported to Illustrator your lines will be turned into shapes.

They should still be Scalable but I think the main confusion is the fact they export as shapes rather than a line.

For true Vector lines created in an iPad app I'd suggest Illustrator for iPad or Vectornator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add audio into Fresco?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I'm just seeing this. Somehow I wasn't notified of your reply. 

So, I now see what you mean upon close inspection. Each vector line exports into a shape composed of a single closed vector line. However, it seems to me that the shape still looks like the original line, appearing no wider noticably than the original line and scales up accordingly.

One question for you: Since it seems to me advantageous to use iPad Ai over Vectornator so that all assets are part of the Adobe CC universe, why would one use Vectornator instead? Are you suggesting Vectornator for non-CC users? Thanks Sjaani.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I'm just seeing this. Somehow I wasn't notified of your reply. 

So, I now see what you mean upon close inspection. Each vector line exports into a shape composed of a single closed vector line. However, it seems to me that the shape still looks like the original line, appearing no wider noticably than the original line and scales up accordingly.

One question for you Sjanni: Since it seems to me advantageous to use iPad Ai over Vectornator so that all assets are part of the Adobe CC universe, why would one use Vectornator instead? Are you suggesting Vectornator for non-CC users? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines